Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I joined these forums to get some confirmation on some Juke info, namely about the CVT 2WD availability and insurance groups. Was really looking forward to getting a Juke, but it looks like every avenue is being blocked off, and it won't happen.

After reading about the supply problems for the CVT 2WD, I decided to email Nissan. I had confirmation from them on Monday, that the CVT 2WD is just not happening, and they have no idea when it will be.

Then I also discovered the excessively high insurance groups, which put paid to the only CVT version they are still doing. A complex personal situation has meant that I am in the position of needing my own insurance for the first time ever, and I have been quoted £1152 for a group 6 car (that I did as a quote test), so group 20 is not even going to be funny.

So I just thought I would pop my head round the door and say hi, while I was here. Who knows, maybe a few years down the line, it will happen for me... we can but hope.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks everyone.

The insurance issue turned out to be a misinterpretation of the new groups that I didn't realise were in place. It turns out that Group 25 in the new (0 - 50 setup), is actually the equivalent to the old Group 10'ish, which isn't as bad as I first thought.

I might just try and hold out for a while though, until the 2WD CVT turns up again... hopefully. So it was worth joining these forums, just to keep up with the latest Juke news. :)

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
LeeC22 said:
Thanks everyone.

The insurance issue turned out to be a misinterpretation of the new groups that I didn't realise were in place. It turns out that Group 25 in the new (0 - 50 setup), is actually the equivalent to the old Group 10'ish, which isn't as bad as I first thought.

I might just try and hold out for a while though, until the 2WD CVT turns up again... hopefully. So it was worth joining these forums, just to keep up with the latest Juke news. :)
hi,you dont say were you live,but how bad does the weather get,and for how long,have a look at the dig.t.tekna.and think about winter tyres,when the winter comes

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hi LeeC22,I waited 7 months for my CVT 2wd Acenta Prem, got it in April, the wait IS worth it!!!My Insurance is £350 which includes everything (Legal,Car hire,etc).Welcome to the Forum

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
glencairn said:
hi,you dont say were you live,but how bad does the weather get,and for how long,have a look at the dig.t.tekna.and think about winter tyres,when the winter comes
I live in Manchester in the UK, we get more waterlogged than snowed in. Floats from a seaplane would probably be more useful than snow chains.

I have to have an auto because of health problems, so I only really have 2 options. The 4x4 is jut too expensive to buy new, the insurance group is higher, and the running costs are higher... the 2WD CVT fits the bill perfectly.

One will turn up eventually, I will just bide my time until it does.

Oh, and I'm really picky about colour and options... which is why a used 4x4 version is out of the frame at the moment.Edited by: LeeC22

1 - 9 of 9 Posts