Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am off on a ~1,500 mile road trip in Europe for my summer holiday so wanted a spacesaver spare wheel rather than gunk system; my main criteria were a) it's cheap b) it fits

After hours scouring offset, pcd, circumferences and centre bore details for many vehicles I came up trumps on eBay:
- Jeep Cherokee un-used space saver wheel
- Offset 47 (same as Juke)
- Centre bore +10mm compared to Juke (just makes fitting a little more fiddly, no biggy though)
- PCD 5x114.3 (same as Juke)
- Total circumference with the (90 profile!!) tyre is bang on the 2.5% tolerance.

Best part - buy it now price of just £19.99!!!

It's quite a distance away so arranged to get courier to collect it and deliver here - £15

So total delivered to my door for as good as brand new spacesaver wheel is £34.99, absolute bargain IMO

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use Paisley Freight as the courier too if anyone ever needs to do a similar collection/delivery. Not sure how they do it so cheap... they delivered a set of 4 alloy wheels next day to Cornwall for £25 for me before. All the guys on the MINI forum use them as they have such good prices. Couldn't believe it was only £15 to collect and deliver a wheel - especially as I organise online now, they collect from seller tomorrow and deliver to me on Tuesday!!

EDIT: ignore my post on couriers and read Deks'Edited by: Tim84

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Tim84 said:
:) I use Paisley Freight as the courier too if anyone ever needs to do a similar collection/delivery. Not sure how they do it so cheap... they delivered a set of 4 alloy wheels next day to Cornwall for £25 for me before. All the guys on the MINI forum use them as they have such good prices. Couldn't believe it was only £15 to collect and deliver a wheel - especially as I organise online now, they collect from seller tomorrow and deliver to me on Tuesday!!
they do it because they are an agent they use city link and for the record I cound have got the same parcel collected and delivered for £8.99
Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Even more of a bargain!! Not booked it yet so will use City Link instead and save even more money, thanks Deks!Edited by: Tim84

·
Registered
446 Posts
Tim84 said:
I am off on a ~1,500 mile road trip in Europe for my summer holiday so wanted a spacesaver spare wheel rather than gunk system; my main criteria were a) it's cheap b) it fits

After hours scouring offset, pcd, circumferences and centre bore details for many vehicles I came up trumps on eBay:
- Jeep Cherokee un-used space saver wheel
- Offset 47 (same as Juke)
- Centre bore +10mm compared to Juke (just makes fitting a little more fiddly, no biggy though)
- PCD 5x114.3 (same as Juke)
- Total circumference with the (90 profile!!) tyre is bang on the 2.5% tolerance.

Best part - buy it now price of just £19.99!!!

It's quite a distance away so arranged to get courier to collect it and deliver here - £15

So total delivered to my door for as good as brand new spacesaver wheel is £34.99, absolute bargain IMO

Priceless information - I just won an unusedwheel and tyre(and cover) on ebay for £10, and booked CityLink for the collection at just under £10, so £20 for the spare - without the above information, I'd never have got this.

One question - how did you fasten the wheel down - did you just use a piece of ply and a bolt or some other fiendish method? And do you know the size of the bolt offhand?

Thanks again

·
Registered
754 Posts
I'm trying to get a space saver + fitting bits delivered and the cheapest quote I've had is £38.
How do I get it cheaper???
2 parcels, one with the spare weighing just under 10kg and one weighing just over with the tray, the jack etc. anyvan.com have bid down to £38.
citylink will only accept businesses.
Clues please.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Royal mail standard parcels
1 @ Maximum weight 10kg - £13.611 @ Maximum weight 20kg - £15.86Total: £29.47
TBH paying less than £40 for two large, heavy parcels is pretty good. People often forget about Royal Mail when they're thinking parcels but they're often cheap. It would be much cheaper to send them as one parcel but I guess they're from different sellers?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Paisleyfreight turned up trumps, £13.19 for the 2 parcels - coming from the same place total weight nearly 20kg.
For reference parcel2go were next cheapest, reselling yodel, at £16.50.Edited by: silverjuke

·
Registered
446 Posts
OK, another question on this - I've now got my wheel, and the washer and fastener are now on order. All I need now is a jack - whereabout is this stored normally in the boot (does it fit under the wheel), and will a standard scissor jack (which are less than £10 on ebay) do the job?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Thanks LJ2, that's brilliant - helps me with choosing a jack as well. Curious about what look like clips at the bottom edge of the picture - does your cover clip into place? Mine just rests on top, with no clips.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts