Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealer has just rung, collect on Saturday morning, so excited only 3 more sleeps. Any tips when collecting would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Personally I'd recommend you take your time and examine the car bodywork very carefully- preferably before your salesman spots you've arrived to collect (as it's a lot easier to be very pernickity when you don't have someone impatiently huffing down the back of your neck). My daisy had a number of small polishable marks that they were able to sort out immediately and one on the back bumper that that they couldn't polish out despite initially assuring me it was 'minor' and they ended up removing and replacing the whole bumper with one off a forecourt car before I'd sign the acceptance. It would have been very easy in the excitement to have missed those small flaws and driven off and it would have been virtually impossible to prove in retrospect that the damage to the bumper hadn't been done by myself.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hi dizzy, as mac says take your time and get the salesmen to talk you through all the controls etc, Plus get him to connect your mobile for you, check theres fuel in the tank to get you home or to the nearest gas station!You might be lucky and receive it full like I did.Get him to lift the bonnet and check theres water in the windscreen washer! and everything else is how it should be!In the meantime only 3 more sleeps to go!!!!Good luck

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice, will be taking my time and being very fussy. Hoping I will be able to contain my excitement and how lucky am I that it is bank holiday weekend, so will be going for a long drive somewhere, but not a clue where
Also from reading other messages, my wait has been very short 3 weeks. Hardest part has been trying to swap over my insurance - why are things never easy, when insurance is involved.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Nice one, I collected mine today 1.6 Petrol Tekna Black with Chrome Pack, Protection Pack & Window Wind Deflectors I'm so happy and will see down at Gaydon on Sunday, I'm staying over at the Premier Inn by myself as my wife's not intrested in Boys/Girls with there toys.When you collect your car ask the saleman to drive it to a open space not the tight space that they are usually park them in so you can have a good look around it and make sure that they don't rush you though the paperwork, ask questions if your not 100%, it's your car.
David.

·
Registered
233 Posts
The best of luck tomorrow. Enjoy the drive

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
The prefect excuse for a long drive in your new baby is to come down to the gaydon meet tomorrow :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts