Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....Just ordered a 1.6 Acenta Premium (red of course!)

Not sure how I ended up doing that, I went to the Nissan dealer in Hull to look at an old 4WD Honda HRV that they had, as I needed to find something better in the snow than my new Merc E220 as I've spent more time holding a shovel than its steering wheel recently as I've fought a losing battle to even get it up the drive.

But instead of doing the deal on the HRV, I signed up for a PCP on a Juke

So another fifty something set to join the merry band of Juke owners - why is it they appeal so much to us oldies - mid life crisis Mk 2, or reminders of the red Honda 400-4 I had in 1976??

I thought I'd learned my lesson and was supposed the read the owners forums before I bought another car -but was the impulse of all impulse buys. Funny, I did comment to the salesman about the notchy gear shift on the test - hopefully I won't need a new gearbox

I bought the 'E'a year ago, in its first model year, and already it has had 2 recalls and 3 other trips to the delaers for minor irritating faults, so I guess if I can live with that on a £30K car, I can't let it ruin my enjoyment of a £15K car if it does have a few teething issues. However it has to be said that Merc dealers are generally top notch with customer service these days, but not sure what service I'll get from Evans Halshaw

So, roll on 28th Dec (ish) and I should be picking it up - so long as they don't refuse the finace wot with me already paying £400 a month for the Merc

Best wishes to you all - MartynEdited by: Jukotabeekidin

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
welcome on board you sure to enjoy, finance should be fine i too have other things but still got mine
although it has too be said it may not be as good as you hope in the snow better than an e220 but not the best

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, thanks Deks, my wife thinks I'm mad since it's not a 4x4 version!

It must be better than the RWD Merc, and I may try some winter tyres on it. When you read tests of the new LR Freelander with 2WD they seem to say it's still quite capable off road, so until I read the iffy reviews of the Juke in snow on this forum, I was hoping for something similar.

Time will tell...........................

·
Registered
455 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Ha****ll Nissan who have branches near you (at Grimsby and Scunthorpe) seemto have one or two Jukes for sale, possibly ex-demo cars.

They're not cheaphowever.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Hiya

Welcome to the forum

I would say that my experience of Juke is the snow has been all in all PANTS - traction is poor.

There has been weeks of bad weather up here and my friends have also had to try to help me drive my car out of trouble. One, an ex army driver - couldn't beleive how bad it was in the snow....

GOod luck with your purchase all the same - dont let one demented scotswoman put you off. The car otherwise is amazing and i do love it - JUST NOT IN THE SNOW

Fee x

·
Registered
88 Posts
Welcome aboard. Nothing like an impulse buy to cheer you up. I found the juke fine in the snow, albeit we won't have had anything like Fee has had in bonny Scotland, and especially compared to the VW Eos I traded which was rubbish. I have put some winter tyres on mine so I may get chance to have a play this weekend as we are forecast snow.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I went past the dealership at Hull today, stopped off and had a bite to eat, took a few Juke piccies....

TheredJuke in the showroom looks a bit like its on stilts,

agorgeous red one outside with "sold" on it (buyers name H***s)
and 2 or 3 other Jukes in the yard ?demos ?Jukes for servicing?

AND A NEW SHAPE Nissan Micra which isnt officially launched in the UK til January 2011!

MICRA
now built in India

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the photos Kevin, yes I had a sit in the red Visia, and I think the grey one outside was the one I took for a test drive.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the welcomes Fee an Yorkie.

I guess I'll find out for myself soon enough about its capabilities in the snow. It's difficult to see why one manual FWD car could be much better or worse than any other, with the exception of tyre type/size and maybe the ability to tamper with the traction control.

However one would assume that the extra ground clearance on the Juke would be beneficial.

Although I guess that the Juke has pretty wide wheels for its size(weight) and this could make it worse.

My Merc has those high pressure/low rolling resistance tyres, and I'm sure they are doubly worse in the snow.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mmmmm, I wonder now if the petrol Jukes could be better in the snow that the diesels?

Maybe the extra torque reduces the ability to get the bite point right when trying to get the wheels to grip.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Jukotabeekidin said:
Thanks for the photos Kevin, yes I had a sit in the red Visia, and I think the grey one outside was the one I took for a test drive.
The dealership in Hull are supposed to have sold quite a few Jukes although I found their prices to be higher on both the JUKE and CUBE than the dealer in Lincoln, which is why I bought a car (a new Cube) from Lincoln today instead of Hull.

I keep hearing good things about the Nissan garage at Howden near Goole, although they only seemed to have their 2 demo Jukes and one showroom Juke when I went yesterday.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Jukotabeekidin said:
I bought the 'E'a year ago, in its first model year, and already it has had 2 recalls and 3 other trips to the delaers for minor irritating faults, so I guess if I can live with that on a £30K car, I can't let it ruin my enjoyment of a £15K car if it does have a few teething issues. However it has to be said that Merc dealers are generally top notch with customer service these days, but not sure what service I'll get from Evans Halshaw
Hi Martyn

Just to pick up on the customer service. I ordered my Juke from Glyn Hopkins on Sept 28th, have been in contact quite a few times with different questions and have NOT ONCE had a return phone call. The customer service from GH in my experience is totally unacceptable - but... my fiance works there (not in sales) and I'm benefitting from a nice staff discount. Otherwise, I would have kicked up a very big stink.

I hope your customer service from Evans is better. Good choice on the Juke btw

·
Registered
56 Posts
Further to my last comment, it's very very difficult to have to wait 5 months for the car you order as lots of members here know. Surely the very least any dealer could do in this difficult situation is stay on top of their customers needs by way of information etc. You'd think wouldn't ya?

Yeah, NOT A CHANCE

Gggggrrrrrrr

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes I can only agree with how poor the service is from far too many main dealers.

I've been fortunate enough (or foolish enough!) to be able to buy a new car, more or less every year (either for myself or partner) for the last 25 years. (I hate to add up what I must have lost in depreciation over those years!)

But 8 times out of 10 I've had very poor service. BMW I have found consistently bad. MB have been good to me to date. Honda hit and miss, and sometimes very very poor, Audi so-so. etc. etc.

It never fails to amaze me that we spend thousands on new cars, but many main dealers are so poor, they shouldn't be in business. Generally I've found most of the car 'supermarkets' are much better at customer service.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Jukotabeekidin said:
Yes I can only agree with how poor the service is from far too many main dealers.

I've been fortunate enough (or foolish enough!) to be able to buy a new car, more or less every year (either for myself or partner) for the last 25 years. (I hate to add up what I must have lost in depreciation over those years!)

But 8 times out of 10 I've had very poor service. BMW I have found consistently bad. MB have been good to me to date. Honda hit and miss, and sometimes very very poor, Audi so-so. etc. etc.

It never fails to amaze me that we spend thousands on new cars, but many main dealers are so poor, they shouldn't be in business. Generally I've found most of the car 'supermarkets' are much better at customer service.
spot on I totally agree, as far as I am concerned the whole industry needs a good shake-up

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Jukotabeekidin said:
Mmmmm, I wonder now if the petrol Jukes could be better in the snow that the diesels?

Maybe the extra torque reduces the ability to get the bite point right when trying to get the wheels to grip.
Nothing to do with Torque..............
The colder air keeps the exhaust fumes low to the ground.

In the case of the Diesel it just makes it more slippery..............

Stands back and waits for Deks and FeeFee

·
Registered
210 Posts
[/QUOTE]Just to pick up on the customer service. I ordered my Juke from Glyn Hopkins on Sept 28th, have been in contact quite a few times with different questions and have NOT ONCE had a return phone call. The customer service from GH in my experience is totally unacceptable - but... my fiance works there (not in sales) and I'm benefitting from a nice staff discount. Otherwise, I would have kicked up a very big stink [/QUOTE]

I bought from Glyn Hopkins and agree with you Bibi there customer service is terrible, I ordered in Oct and have had to do all the running the only time they phoned me was Nov 30 to say my car would be there on Dec 8th and they needed to register the car to beat the VAT this as discussed in another thread was an outright lie ! and I still havent got the car and NCS now cant give me a firm delivery date. I gave Glyn Hopkin one last chance yeaterday and phoned them left a message on the answear phone they havent called me back so tomorrow im phoning the head office at Romford, Its not the delay that gets me its the complete lack of communication and the fact they lied to register the car early. Ive had enough with them if needs be I'll cancel and let them take the loss of selling my car as second hand I doubt after nearly 3 weeks registered to me DVLA will easly change it. I would advise everyone to stay away from Glyn Hopkin you'l just get grief

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
12Inchmick said:
Jukotabeekidin said:

Nothing to do with Torque..............

The colder air keeps the exhaust fumes low to the ground.

In the case of the Diesel it just makes it more slippery..............

Stands back and waits for Deks and FeeFee

YOU ARE SO IN TROUBLE!!!!!!

Fee x
Edited by: feefeeglasgow

1 - 20 of 22 Posts