Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would email Fraser Cohen the director of Glyn Hopkin, see what he has to say about whats been going on with my Juke order, Ive done the usual searches but cant find it. Anyone know how I would get it

Thanks

·
Registered
120 Posts
Whats the current situation with your delivery then Fontie?

GHreally seem to be taking the p!$$ - I'd be fuming by now. At least even though I have had delays Westway have been very good throughout - always get a call when promised with info, I have never had to chase them and they have offered to compensate me for the inconvenience (although not sure what that will be till tomorrow when I go see them)

·
Registered
199 Posts
cancel your order and go with my dealer sg petch at durham delivered on day the said i would get, money off, free fuel and mats, been spot on right the way through, they even found one customer a 4wd juke in 2 weeks and had it ready for him in the dealership just as the bad weather started

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I managed to speak to the sales manager at the Watford branch on Saturday full of bullsh*t excuses, I argued my case as best I could, he said that my being told they had to register the car on November 30 because of the VAT increase was a mistake and it was normal practice for them to register cars early because its done from Romford and can sometimes take a few days and its done like that so everything is in place when the customer picks the car up should have been December 6. He said delivery would now happen yesterday and he would phone me personaly. haha guess what no call yesterday or today. I say to anyone reading this "DO NOT ORDER FROM GLYN HOPKIN" I have been on the phone to Nissan customer service again today thought Id give them one last go everything they do they have to check with the dealer what a joke, I asked her so whens my car going to be delivered then ohh i'll have to check with the dealer after being on hold for 5 mins she tells me the dealers system is down and they cant say, I said to her but you can see delivery dates on your system she said I need some information from the dealer. I dont believe the original delivery date of December 6 was true I think ive been lied to through out, but I have no way of prooving it. NCS are supposed to phone me back before 6 tonight. Glyn Hopkin are a joke and NCS are not much better

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
theguru said:
cancel your order and go with my dealer sg petch at durham delivered on day the said i would get, money off, free fuel and mats, been spot on right the way through, they even found one customer a 4wd juke in 2 weeks and had it ready for him in the dealership just as the bad weather started
Its a bit far to go for a car lol anycase if I cancel i'd end up paying the extra VAT and get my deposit back from Glyn Hopkin thats going to be another battle. It looks like delivery is not going to happen now until the new year, I dont know if the transport drivers or nissan distribution centre work Christmas/New year. If it comes after the new year im just going to refuse to collect it as it was registered Nov 30 and let them take me to court if they dare, they cant re-sell the car because im the registered keeper, I'll say I want a £1000 discount/compensation and i'll take the car as is registered. if not sue me see you in court. Edited by: Fontie

·
Registered
120 Posts
You should have nipped down the M3 to Westway @ Aldershot..... Mind you lesson learnt - If their pre sales service is this bad, god help you with aftercare!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hind sight is a wonderful thing, There is a WLMG dealer near me where I went to test drive the Juke, only reason I ordered from Glyn Hopkin was a friend bought a sazuki from them and said the service was good. He's all sorry now and keeps saying they were ok with me I had no problems. Cant blame him, I might trip him up next time we go out though lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello mate..

I also bought through G.H. Romford. I have been told the same old storyas yourself its stuck in Sunderland and it will be here whenever blah, blah, blah. I went into see the dealer and he showed me a list, with a numberof Jukes hes waiting to come in. I do know his has come because there were 2 of them outside the garage very nice they lookedtoo. Dont think its the lads who work there that are the problem I am sure they dont need the grief of all of us moaning at them. Does anybody know how we stand when it comes to our deposit if we decide to cancel and go somewere else. Sad thing is I was hoping to drive to Glasgow in the Juke for xmas that aint going to happen now. Keep in touch mate and let me know how you get on......

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its not so much the delivery being delayed thats upseting me, thats down to Nissan UK, its the fact the dealer lied to me in the first place to register the car, remember my Juke has been registered since November 30, 22 days now and counting. When my Juke is eventually delivered it, well lets say its January 4, my Juke according to the log book will be 5 weeks old and Glyn Hopkin still expect me to pay full retail price. Who else am I going to have a go at ?

Per GH terms and conditions you can cancel in writing 21 days after delivery date giving them 7 days to get the car delivered, My letter to them will go on December 27 that then gives them to January 3 Edited by: Fontie

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Didnt realise you worked for GH Juke-of-earl. Can you not point GH senior managment to this forum so they can see what their salesmen are up to. Or is it a case they dont care so long as there are sales

·
Registered
754 Posts
Fontie said:
Its a bit far to go for a car lol anycase if I cancel i'd end up paying the extra VAT and get my deposit back from Glyn Hopkin thats going to be another battle. It looks like delivery is not going to happen now until the new year, I dont know if the transport drivers or nissan distribution centre work Christmas/New year. If it comes after the new year im just going to refuse to collect it as it was registered Nov 30 and let them take me to court if they dare, they cant re-sell the car because im the registered keeper, I'll say I want a £1000 discount/compensation and i'll take the car as is registered. if not sue me see you in court.
I really feel sorry for you. Knowing what it is like to wait on broken promises.
I do feel you are in a no- win situation. If you cancel and re-order elsewhere, you go to the back of the queue. The dealer just unregisters the car and makes some excuse to the local DVLA office that they held the car whilst the customer tried to sort out finance that never came through. DVLA unregisters the car and then GH just find a new buyer for your car - at 2011 prices.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Wlmg were good (eastcote) nice guys and good with communication! I could recommend u if u like? Might get a few quid! Lol

·
Registered
754 Posts
brownjnr said:
Wlmg were good (eastcote) nice guys and good with communication! I could recommend u if u like? Might get a few quid! Lol
Oy, back of the queue

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I asked DVLA about dealer unregistering they denied it was possible to do this, they also stated quite catagorically that registering a car not in customers posessions is bordering on illegal and something they definately don't approve of, now this was one person I spoke to so its possible a different answer would be given by someone else its hard to ask questions when its not actually you with the issue. I am intrigued though silverjuke how you came by this information about dealers being able to un register cars

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
NCS just phoned, now supposed to be delivered tomorrow, I said to her shall I hold my breath, her reply thats the estimated delivery, so they dont even know for sure the day before what cars are being delivered. That cant be right.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I can't comment on registering a car that is not in your possession.
My father used to be in the trade (retired only a few years ago). He said the dealer obviously has to have the car PDI'd, taxed and insured ready to go when the customer comes in to collect. Often the customer is sorting out their finance themselves and sometimes a customer would turn up and say they couldn't get all the money together and try and get a price reduction on the day. If there was an absolute stand off the only option may be to refuse to release the car against a lower price. In such circumstances the DVLA were accommodating in unregistering the car.

·
Registered
754 Posts
silverjuke said:
My father used to be in the trade (retired only a few years ago). He said the dealer obviously has to have the car PDI'd, taxed and insured ready to go when the customer comes in to collect. Often the customer is sorting out their finance themselves and sometimes a customer would turn up and say they couldn't get all the money together and try and get a price reduction on the day. If there was an absolute stand off the only option may be to refuse to release the car against a lower price. In such circumstances the DVLA were accommodating in unregistering the car.
Just to add. If it wasn't possible anyone could hold a dealer to ransom. demand a price reduction on the day or threaten to walk away leaving the dealer to sell a car to someone as second owner.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
communicstion with in Nissan is pants I dont think the left hand knows what the right is doing let alone anything else I honestly dont believe that NCS are that well clued up its as if they are a seperate company designed to take the flack off Nissan. I have heard of many annoying cases with NCS and not to many good ones they returned my calls and emails less than your dealer has
all in all I have found the JUke to be an excellent car but dealing with Nissan and its dealers is awful

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
silverjuke said:
silverjuke said:
Just to add. If it wasn't possible anyone could hold a dealer to ransom. demand a price reduction on the day or threaten to walk away leaving the dealer to sell a car to someone as second owner.
thats a fair comment, your better placed than me , but I doubt 5 weeks is an acceptable time period. I do agree with what you say about car being ready for pick and then some trying it on
but I still think its illegal and immoral to lie to a customer get the vehicle registered when its not even ready for delivery to the dealer, let alone collection and to lie to the customer for their own gain is **** right disgraceful. IF it was me I would tell them where to poke it and go and buy something else I here FORD KUGA is available for almost immediate pick up

1 - 20 of 42 Posts