Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
September, October, mid November, beginning December, 14th December.......
So the date keeps moving. Its a Nissan not a Porsche!
If you gave up waiting, what would you look at instead?
Mini is too low seating position.
Mazda 2 doesn't come in automatic.
Test drove the Honda Jazz, but the auto is strange. There is the possibility of waiting for the Jazz hybrid in 2011 that will have a more standard auto. 2011 seemed ages away in April 2010, but with a delivery date already into December it is getting nearer.
My requirements are:
Reasonably high seating position.Automatic1.6 engine max, 1.4 would be good.Honest dealers

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Skoda Yeti

Skoda Fabia

Vauxhall Meriva 1.4T SE

Mini Countryman

Mazda 3 1.6 Takuya

None of them (IMHO) are as good as the Juke

Edited by: iamdabe

·
Registered
231 Posts
September, October, mid November, beginning December, 14th
December.......
</font>
</font>So the date keeps moving. Its a
Nissan not a Porsche!
</font>
</font>If you gave up waiting,
what would you look at instead?
</font>
</font>Mini is
too low seating position.
</font>
</font>Mazda 2
doesn't come in automatic.
</font>
</font>Test drove the Honda
Jazz
, but the auto is strange. There is the possibility of waiting
for the Jazz hybrid in 2011 that will have a more standard auto. 2011
seemed ages away in April 2010, but with a delivery date already into
December it is getting nearer.
</font>
</font>My requirements
are:
</font>
</font>Reasonably high seating position.</font>Automatic</font>1.6
engine max, 1.4 would be good.
</font>

Dont give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Once you Have your Juke any delays will be a distant memory, another car will be a compromise not what you really want (I know what is really wanted is a Juke on the original delivery date!
)

Skoda Yeti 1.2 TSI DSG</font>
????????? Really ?????????

·
Registered
367 Posts
I wouldn't change I'd wait - we had to when we first had our Mini but it's so worth it. I'm sure there might be that little bit of regret when you start seeing those jukes on the road

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know I'm impatient, but I've been waiting months after being so disappointed with the Jazz test drive. And its also the annoyance with the Nissan dealer for lying to me to get the order, that actually makes me reluctant to give them any business.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Showed this thread to my husband who has added one more criteria to the list:
Needs to look OK sitting on the drive next to his BMW 5.
(I guess he means the Skoda is out.
)

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Apparently the Mazda2 is having a facelift and will come in an auto version.

So short list is currently:
JukeHonda Jazz hybridMazda2
On present form it could be January before I can get my hands on any.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I know its a long wait and I've been pretty frustrated, but I'd rather wait for a car I'll be 100% happy with, than get one I'll regret.
The only cars I'd consider in the same kind of segment as the Juke are the X1 (as mentioned) the new Audi Q3 when it comes out (2011/12) or the Fiesta 4x4 (2011).
Most of the other "b" segment cars are euroboxes and stuff like the Yeti or Kia Soul are just ugly!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm almost at the point of cancelling as I'm looking at next year for delivery of the Tekna DiG-T.
Been to see a Mini Countryman and for me, it's on a par with the Juke (for what I need from my car and for the 'toys' I want).

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
speedy_gonzales said:
I'm almost at the point of cancelling as I'm looking at next year for delivery of the Tekna DiG-T.
Been to see a Mini Countryman and for me, it's on a par with the Juke (for what I need from my car and for the 'toys' I want).
but the countryman is ugly

·
Registered
60 Posts
silverjuke said:
deks36 said:

Agreed.

and Skoda and Kia are out. Don't think i can do Ford either.

If the Mazda2 had a higher base it would be a winner.

If you can do a Mazda 2 then you should be ok with a Ford Fiesta, as they are one in the same, or if you can put up with a little wait how about a Ford B-Max Forum?
Edited by: Dan

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I cancelled an order for a GOLF MATCH 1.6 Tdi for the JUKE and am living to regret the decision.

If I was to buy another car it would be the QQ but it too has a 6 month waiting list?????

Failing that - a Vauxhall Astra or possibly the new style Ford Focus which I understand will be out in November....

I just dont know - might even go back to VW for another chance at the Golf

We'll see
Fee x

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Maurice said:
If you can do a Mazda 2 then you should be ok with a Ford Fiesta, as they are one in the same, or if you can put up with a little wait how about a B-Max?
NO, I can't do a Ford.
Really I want that reversing camera and sat nav.

·
Registered
14 Posts
deks36 said:
And yet the say beauty is in the eye of the beholder

I know a fair few folk that don't 'get' the Juke, I also liked the Kia soul, I thought it has a wee bit of the 'hot rod' look about it, my wife however can't stand it!
The countryman keeps getting touted as the competition car for the Juke, looks wise it's just a large mini, and the mini was one of the most sought after cars in the last 10 years!Edited by: speedy_gonzales

·
Registered
60 Posts
silverjuke said:
Maurice said:
If you can do a Mazda 2 then you should be ok with a Ford Fiesta, as they are one in the same, or if you can put up with a little wait how about a B-Max?

NO, I can't do a Ford.

Really I want that reversing camera and sat nav.

A little wait for your new Juke will be worth it, ask your dealer for the order number of your Juke and post it on this forum, you never know one of the guys from Nissan that take an intrest in what is posted about there new baby may just work the oracle and bring your build forward

1 - 20 of 42 Posts