Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I use a Sandisk 8GB and have had no problems. It starts automatically and I can cycle the source to USB. It even starts again from where it stopped, even if I've taken out the USB stick.
Can't say what your problem is. All I know is that the forum guys know more about the Juke than Nissan sales people. My (very good sales person) even recommended you all.

·
Registered
202 Posts
You just need to copy the file & folder structure as it appears on your computer file structure.
e.g.
Your PC has a data drive called d: within that data drive you have a folder called 'My Music' within that folder you have a folder called 'AC-DC' containing several AC-DC MP3 files.
Insert the USB memory stick into a spare USB socket &either view folders and files from the popup menu or view from 'My computer' drive structure.
All you need to do is to right click and COPY, then PASTE (Drag and drop if you prefer)your 'AC-DC' folder to the root of the USB stick.
You will then see the folder and contents appear on your memory stick.

When you insert the memory stick into the the Connect USB port it will take some time to register, depending upon the size of the USB stick it could be minutes.

·
Registered
189 Posts
down loaded music to my memory stick £ 6-99 from tesco for 4 gb and worked a treat only one thing wrong, the bloody kids ribbing me for my choice of music, oh well but has i say no problems at all

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
This is exactly what I did. I've tried four other sticks with no success. There's a suggestion that 'iPod' format isn't right but I don't know what this means or what I can do about it. I've just used iTunes to copy music from the CDs to my computer and now used Windows Explorer to copy them to the stick. Music files have the extension .m4a rather than .mp3.

I like my new car though so at least that's something!

Incidentally, tried re-formatting a stick using NTFS but the stick didn't register with the car at all. Edited by: Bagheera

·
Registered
555 Posts
Bagheera said:
This is exactly what I did. I've tried four other sticks with no success. There's a suggestion that 'iPod' format isn't right but I don't know what this means or what I can do about it. I've just used iTunes to copy music from the CDs to my computer and now used Windows Explorer to copy them to the stick. Music files have the extension .m4a rather than .mp3.

I like my new car though so at least that's something!

Incidentally, tried re-formatting a stick using NTFS but the stick didn't register with the car at all.
.m4a Will not work.Need to be mp3.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I've got it working - hurrah - I shall now call the whole year a success!!! First of all, many thanks to all the lovely Juke owners who have contributed to this thread with supportive and helpful comments. No thanks to the dealer who still hasn't got back to me with an answer at all.

So, the solution...

Stormrider is correct, m4a doesn't work - although I did read somewhere that it did. So, I converted my m4a files to mp3 and my journey to work this morning was a sheer delight (okay, maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration but it was much more fun than it has been for the last week).

I then copied the files to my stick, stuck it in the USB port in my Juke (Force Red, Tekna, 1.6) and sat back to enjoy. At some point I realised that I would have to start the engine and drive to work myself but that was the only low point.

Here are the instructions I followed to convert the files: http://osxdaily.com/2009/12/03/convert-m4a-to-mp3/. Thank you to the lovely person who posted this in the first place.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Thanks for this. I've just checked my files and loads were M4a (dam you itunes!) so have converted them so ready for the JUKE

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks all,
Finally cracked it, all my music was from/on Itunes as M4a files player wouldn't recognize them so converted to mp3 bobs your uncle, wonderful thanks guys

Digi

21 - 38 of 38 Posts