Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having problems getting my USB stick with music to work. When I plug it in, it says it is detected then I just get the AUX screen. I tried pressing the AUX button to cycle through (as it says to do in the manual) but no joy. It's a 8Gb SanDisk stick. I reformatted it as FAT32 and loaded a couple of music tracks on it but can't get it to work. Any thoughts anyone?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's Nissan Connect with sat nav.
Once the stick has been 'detected' (message shows on screen), the message disappears and the AUX screen shows with no further mention of USB. The instruction manual said to press AUX again to cycle through but this didn't produce any change to the screen.

From various messages on this and other forums, I wondered if some manufacturers' sticks work better than others. My stick is only 8Gb and I've tried it with just a few songs on it so it's not full.

·
Registered
175 Posts
There are 2 AUX inputs, USB and 3.5mm jack plug (hence the option to toggle between the 2 inputs). Can't see any reason why your stick shouldn't work but would try another one to be sure (one that's been checked OK in a Juke would be the best option..)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Precisely what I was expecting to see. I know the USB input is working because I've connected my iPod with a cable and it's great. A stick would be more convenient though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does rather, doesn't it? Actually, it doesn't like any of my sticks - I've tried a couple of other ones and still no joy. Anyone able to confirm which manufacturers' sticks (and what size) work?

·
Registered
873 Posts
Are you running a cable down to the USB port from the glove box then? Do you get the problem with indexing that I am experiencing, where it forgets which song it was playing last when you turn on the engine?

·
Registered
58 Posts
yes i have the cable plugged into the usb port and tucked it up so it comes out in the glove box. as for indexing problems no, its working just the same as a usb stick.

·
Registered
247 Posts
gazawebb said:
im using an 80gb hdd in the glove box, works great, tons of music.......
Can you post which HDD you're using please? every external drive I've used in the past has needed a second USB for power

·
Registered
58 Posts
im using a CnM Core Portable 80GB 2.5" USB 2.0 External Hard Drive, it was only £16.99 on ebays deal of the day, bargain. And your right about having 2 usb's for the power, works just fine with only one plugged in.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Bagheera said:
It's Nissan Connect with sat nav.
Once the stick has been 'detected' (message shows on screen), the message disappears and the AUX screen shows with no further mention of USB. The instruction manual said to press AUX again to cycle through but this didn't produce any change to the screen.

From various messages on this and other forums, I wondered if some manufacturers' sticks work better than others. My stick is only 8Gb and I've tried it with just a few songs on it so it's not full.
Hi Buddy,
Is The Juke Solely USB 2 ?, Which intheoryshould be backwards compatible?. However if you have an older stick USB 1 it maybe that causing the problem - not sure. Cannot try myself - still waiting for delivery.I doubt it should make much difference but worth a try.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Bagheera,
I'm having the same problem, transfered several albums from my PC onto a USB stick plugged in to the USB socket, Connect finds it then when message disappears press aux button, screen comes up press again and nothing. Can anyone help us techno nerds? do you need a special file on the USB stick before you save files onto it etc???

1 - 20 of 38 Posts