Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost 3 mths in but had my first problem today. Was pulling on to the A12 and changing up the gears when the gear knob just came off in my hand! Couldn't believe it!! Let me tell you not easy trying to continue to change gear and get knob back on when there's no hard shoulder in follow of traffic.

Back on and appears to be secure but I'll be calling my dealer first thing tomorrow as want it checked properly.

Anyone else experience anything like this ?

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Tori said:
Almost 3 mths in but had my first problem today. Was pulling on to the A12 and changing up the gears when the gear knob just came off in my hand! Couldn't believe it!! Let me tell you not easy trying to continue to change gear and get knob back on when there's no hard shoulder in follow of traffic.

Back on and appears to be secure but I'll be calling my dealer first thing tomorrow as want it checked properly.

I havent heard of this problem but some pre production models had issues with the gearstick gaiter cover being loose....

Fee x

·
Registered
144 Posts
**** you do make me laugh

·
Registered
146 Posts
12Inchmick said:
Mine has never come off in my hand, but there are a number of good reasons for that. (How Many?)

12inch

Nice one ****..that was almost as funny as John Stapes confession to Mrs Warboys earlier toneet

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mind that I want to change it for a new one but I don't know how to put it off :( It's so hard to twist on the left and I don't want to force it...have to hot a little I think...

·
Registered
912 Posts
Has any one changed their gearknob for something different? Regarding the 5 speed box, does thestickhave to be lifted for reverse gear? The reason I ask, I never took any notice when I took the car for a test drive. Some gear knobs are not suitablefor fitting on the reverse lift type gear change. I was thinking ofchanging the Jukegear knob for something different. Edited by: Geoff_Juke

·
Registered
998 Posts
Geoff_Juke said:
Has any one changed their gearknob for something different? Regarding the 5 speed box, does thestickhave to be lifted for reverse gear? The reason I ask, I never took any notice when I took the car for a test drive. Some gear knobs are not suitablefor fitting on the reverse lift type gear change. I was thinking ofchanging the Jukegear knob for something different.
Don't have to lift iton mine, unless i am doing it without noticing, just pull it toward you and back. Tc

·
Registered
6 Posts
Tori said:

<table ="tableBorder" align="center" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" style="text-align: left; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-top-color: rgb204, 204, 204; border-right-color: rgb204, 204, 204; border-bottom-color: rgb204, 204, 204; border-left-color: rgb204, 204, 204; : rgb255, 255, 255; width: 907px; table-layout: fixed; "><t><tr ="msgOddTableRow" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; : rgb251, 251, 253; height: 200px; min-height: 200px; "><td valign="top" ="msgLineDevider" style="border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-top-color: rgb225, 227, 236; border-right-color: rgb225, 227, 236; border-bottom-color: rgb225, 227, 236; border-left-color: rgb225, 227, 236; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-top-width: 1px; "><div ="msg" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; width: 758px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; margin-left: 2px; : left; overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: auto; ">Exactly the same to what happen to me after having it for a couple of weeks only, I almost panic but I was able to manage and parked it along side the road. I just hammered it back with my fist while swearing and wallah, it works and made my journey safe till I got back home, I parked it nice and easy press the small dot button to lock the door and of course I never forget to give a good kick on the tyre. ***bah***</td></tr><tr ="postSeparatorTableRow" style="height: 10px; : rgb235, 238, 247; "></tr></t></table>

1 - 19 of 19 Posts