Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have now booked the site and pitch for the 29th of May at the Heritage Motor Centre Gaydon Warwickshire. http://www.heritage-motor-centre.co.uk/ . I have secured Holdcroft Nissans presence and a donated prize of a leather armrest for one lucky member
Nissan look to be keen to lend us some support.
So please people get booked in and support us on our first gathering we don't want to look silly in a big field with only 2 cars and a few Nissan salesmen so cancel what you are planning and get to the
Heritage Motor Centre Gaydon on the 29th May and show your support for this quality forum.

the cost of tickets will be £10.50 each this price is to cover the cost of site hire and any expenses I incur in setting up any funds over and above costs will be donated to charity remember if I dont secure 30 ticket sales I will actually be out of pocket on the site costs alone let alone any other costs like signage etc
Holdcroft Nissan have kindly donated a leather armrest at cost to them to get members to support the event so included in the charge for the event will be the chance to win this fabulous and very rare item. the cost of the ticket also includes entry into the museum.
We will be given the use of a meeting room at the centre if we need it. The site has its own catering facilities and to this end we are not allowed to bring on trade food sellers or have BBQ's on site the latter for a number of reasons. They do have an area on site for BBQ's but it may not be accessible on the day due to another club event in that area.

I require no money up front you pay on the day if you wish to pre book I will organise that somehow,not yet sure if tickets will be sent out or collected on the day which is probably best as they won't get lost in the post and saves me extra expense of posting remember a great prize is on offer here courtesy of HOLDCROFT NISSAN

Forgive me if I repeat anything or make things unclear this is all new to me I am trying to do this the best I can

edit 1315 29/03/11
I have receieved a few messages suggesting I get the money up front to protect myself in the event no one turns up. I hope this will not be the case as I have a lot of faith in my forum buddies
but for self preservation purposes what I propose to do is charge like this
£10.50 for advance payment for first booking pre booked £12.50 on the day this will give one person entry to the Museum aswell
then it will be £9.50 in advance for each aditional ticket booked in advance
and £11.50 on the day
one one entry per booking will go into the prize
at this time I dont want any money while I work out how to do this
my contact details are
email [email protected]
mobile number 07704422905
I have to collect the tickets on the day I believe from events manager although that will be confirmed at some poin t soon I am currently still waiting on booking pack from them I booked today on the phone but have to confirm it in writing once the formss arrive
anyone on the day willing to help me out with ticket sales greatly appreciated as I dont want to be sitting in my car all day selling the odd ticket

lets make this a great day for all
I am still exploring the options on oother merchandise again I need to stock what will sell otherwise I will have a pile of debts at then end of the month.

Sorry I have confused a lot of people so here is a simplified version courtesy of meaga-byte
meaga-byte said:
your explaination was a little more confusing yes so let me simplify it.

2 people in your car?

Booking in advancd: 10.50 + 9.50 with one prize draw ticket.

Paying on the day: 12.50 + 11.50 with one prize draw ticket.

3 people in your car?

Booking in advanced: 10.50 + 9.50 + 9.50 with one prize draw ticket.

Paying at the door: 12.50 + 11.50 + 11.50 with one prize draw ticket.

And so forth etc
Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Well i am willing to either pay up front (pre-book) or pay on the door.
And i think the majority of us will feel the same when i say 1) what is easier for you? and 2) thank you muchly :DEdited by: meaga-byte

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok so I have now booked my accommodation for the weekend staying at premier inn so i dont have to drive to far on the day

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
since im only about 50 mins drive i am tempted to get a place for the weekend. like shakespears view or something. have a quiet weekend away from the house.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I am very envious of all you lot!!I used to love the get togethers, when I had my Suzuki Cappuccino.My Juke is supposed to be available mid-May, so it would be cutting it a bit thin to attempt the journey to the "old country", even if it arrived??Anyway, I wish you all a super time, with a specially big thank you to deks36 for making it happen.Attendance is mandatory guys, yeah??

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kats said:
Are there any good pubs near it tho
brewers fare on site
@ pilgrim thanks
@ meaga thats why I booked a hotel and I am leaving the kids with grand parents aswell
Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
WELL DONE DEKS ON ORGANISING THIS....

I am sorry but due to the distance, previous commitments and the fact i have no JUKE - I will not be attending but will be happy to contribute..

All the best guys - post lots and lots of pics....

I want you all smiling and looking gorgeous.... you too DEKS....

Have fun

Fee x

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Deks, your update in the orginal post is a little confusing for us teck heads. or maybe just me lol.
So for the first person in "my" party it would be 9 pounds advanced OR 12 at the door. And then for the second person IE the Mrs it would be 8 pounds advanced OR 9 at the door?
So if i were to pay you now it would be 9+8 for 2 people and this gives me one ticket for prize draw and two tickets for the Museum thingy?

·
Registered
309 Posts
sounds great...is the cost per person or per car? Cheers

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
meaga-byte said:
Deks, your update in the orginal post is a little confusing for us teck heads. or maybe just me lol.

So for the first person in "my" party it would be 9 pounds advanced OR 12 at the door. And then for the second person IE the Mrs it would be 8 pounds advanced OR 9 at the door?

So if i were to pay you now it would be 9+8 for 2 people and this gives me one ticket for prize draw and two tickets for the Museum thingy?
yes thats correct

it would be simpler to charge 1 price I know but that isnt fair and I want to keep this at cost and for the benefit of the members
the way it works is for the fee i get 30 tickets which equates to roughly £9.16 each and then additional entry tickets to the museum over and above the 30 are £8 each
so to be fair to all members I have done it so 1 member must by the site ticket and get draw prize
the rest of the party then get the face price tickets obviously if only 28 people turn up my loss
but doing it 1 per party gives a fairer chance to all to win the armrest as in one 1 from each party can win so to speak

oh I am making this more confusing by trying to explain

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
your explaination was a little more confusing yes so let me simplify it.
2 people in your car?
Booking in advancd: 9 + 8 with one prize draw ticket.
Paying on the day: 12 + 9 with one prize draw ticket.

3 people in your car?
Booking in advanced: 9 + 8 + 8 with one prize draw ticket.
Paying at the door: 12 + 9 + 9 with one prize draw ticket.

And so forth etc

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
snout said:
May i suggest you also advertise on the front page of the forum not just in topics and make it bold.
I shall ask Dan on that thank you good idea

1 - 20 of 46 Posts