Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

gap insurance

2K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  ... 
#1 ·
Hello All,
Can anyone recommend a good company to use for gap insurance
I would just want to be able to have my new car replaced on a "new for old" basis should the worst happen ! My dealership did not offer this service.

#2 ·
this has been discussed at some length in the past type "gap Insurance into search box"

disregard that as we seem to have an issue with search facility

anyway I used click4gap

it has widely been discussed we will only know if any of these are anygood should anyone need to make a claim.
Edited by: deks36

#5 ·
Legally, your dealer has to offer GAP insurance as part of the FSA regulations. The dealer should offer it for around £299. As you will see elsewhere on this site, there are other companies offering cheaper cover. As Deks points out, we will only know "who's best" when it's time to pay out.

#10 ·
Lady juke said:
Last time Tim you asked us to mention your name and you got commission
Same this time (well, not mention of name, just a personalised link) but I see no issue... it's all above board and anyone who uses the site earns money for nothing, so why not? Or if you really care that I might make £2.50 then just use the link without my username, still a no brainer IMO

#13 ·
Regardless of the first year, my gap for £100 covers the first three. In year three there is no way insurer will return to invoice cost, so that is when the GAP really comes into play IMO as could be worth like £6k in the case of a write off. To get this return to invoice in year's one, two or three you have to take out the policy within something like 90 days of purchase IIRC otherwise they will only return to glass guide value at time policy was taken out. Sure it will differ between GAP insurers though but that is what my research returned, hence for £100 it is worth the peace of mind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.