Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
Can anyone recommend a good company to use for gap insurance
I would just want to be able to have my new car replaced on a "new for old" basis should the worst happen ! My dealership did not offer this service.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
this has been discussed at some length in the past type "gap Insurance into search box"

disregard that as we seem to have an issue with search facility

anyway I used click4gap

it has widely been discussed we will only know if any of these are anygood should anyone need to make a claim.
Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
144 Posts
I used click4gap too, did it via this free cash back website so I got an extra £22 off the price as well...!

Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
78 Posts
Legally, your dealer has to offer GAP insurance as part of the FSA regulations. The dealer should offer it for around £299. As you will see elsewhere on this site, there are other companies offering cheaper cover. As Deks points out, we will only know "who's best" when it's time to pay out.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Is Gap insurance something you get from Nissan now when you order a Juke, Do they ensure youthat you will have a gap between all body panels to stop the paint rubbing off. T

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
trachycarpus said:
Is Gap insurance something you get from Nissan now when you order a Juke, Do they ensure you that you will have a gap between all body panels to stop the paint rubbing off. T

·
Registered
144 Posts
Tim84 said:
I used click4gap too, did it via this free cash back website so I got an extra £22 off the price as well...!
Why can't I give other members of the forum a link to a cash back website that would save them money? Surely an odd choice to delete my link, Deks...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Lady juke said:
Last time Tim you asked us to mention your name and you got commission
Same this time (well, not mention of name, just a personalised link) but I see no issue... it's all above board and anyone who uses the site earns money for nothing, so why not? Or if you really care that I might make £2.50 then just use the link without my username, still a no brainer IMO

·
Registered
66 Posts
When I rang for a cover note I discovered my own insurance covers me with new for old in the first year of owning the car! That suits me and saved a few quid!! I am with First Direct!

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
I have been told by someone who worked in the insurance industry that all companies provide it on new cars for the first year. Worth checking.

Lj2.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Regardless of the first year, my gap for £100 covers the first three. In year three there is no way insurer will return to invoice cost, so that is when the GAP really comes into play IMO as could be worth like £6k in the case of a write off. To get this return to invoice in year's one, two or three you have to take out the policy within something like 90 days of purchase IIRC otherwise they will only return to glass guide value at time policy was taken out. Sure it will differ between GAP insurers though but that is what my research returned, hence for £100 it is worth the peace of mind.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
LazyJuke said:
I have been told by someone who worked in the insurance industry that all companies provide it on new cars for the first year. Worth checking.

Lj2.
no they dont I am with Admiral and they only pay market value

·
Registered
78 Posts
If your insurer will give you a replacement vehicle in the first year, some GAP insurers will allow you to "tag" the cover on the end of the first year.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I don't really understand the whole Gap insurance, I understand it's gives you a brand new car, which is cool, but is it worth doing this when you pcp a car???

TD

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
i am on a pcp I have the rti gap just think if the worst happens insurance gives you £5k and you have to find the balance to pay off pcp scenario

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
insanojackson said:
the show with dominic littlewood today on bbc1 was quite interesting, some gap insurance is not all its cracked up to be.
did not see and not sure I want to did they slate click4gap?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts