Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<div style=": rgb255, 255, 255; margin-left: 1px; margin-top: 1px; margin-right: 1px; margin-bottom: 1px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; -: none; ">Had the phone call I didn't want this morning from Nissan, informing me that my much-delayed DiG-T has now been pushed back again: from mid-December to 4th January.

I then rang my dealer, who reassured me that Nissan would be absorbing the VAT increase if the date held. It seems it's because I ordered a white one, which aren't being produced in any great quantities at the moment. Apparently, a Force Red DiG-T ordered for another customer at the same time as mine is due in about a fortnight.
I asked if there was the possibility of compromising on the interior trim and going for red instead of the grey I ordered. Even if they did that, I was told that it would be late February before I saw it.
So I have little choice (if I still want the car, and I do) to sit it out.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
wow thats not good, I really feel for you Chris, i seriously hope they are throwing a load of sweetners your way. Not making many white cars, well thats just silly considering its the most popular colour wanted by customers

·
Registered
659 Posts
Poor you! White is proving popular. I don't get it. Surely they'll set up the paint robots to do the heaviest demand first? Blue or brown would come last...

·
Registered
754 Posts
jayannlay said:
Poor you! White is proving popular. I don't get it. Surely they'll set up the paint robots to do the heaviest demand first? Blue or brown would come last...
Logically they should be painting to meet the forecast demand and if the waiting lists are as long as they are now, they should be painting to match orders. So different colours should only have marginally different delivery dates.

·
Registered
484 Posts
How long does it taketo stir a tin of white paint?

I also have the revised date of the 4th Jan and I ordered a grey one!

I also want the car but I'm getting a little tired of Nissan at the moment.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The cars are painted as programmed by the factory, they can paint a white one, then black then red, if you ask a bodyshop to paint your car there will be dozens of different shades of white dependent on the colour of the car painted before it!!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Scoobie Doo said:
The cars are painted as programmed by the factory, they can paint a white one, then black then red, if you ask a bodyshop to paint your car there will be dozens of different shades of white dependent on the colour of the car painted before it!!
Are you saying they don't wash the brushes properly?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Scoobie Doo said:
that is absolute rubbish, the reasons for different shades is down to the supply of each batch of each colour that is why you have variants of same colour not because the spray machine/gun robot what ever last painted a different colour

·
Registered
69 Posts
I am expecting a delivery on 8th December and not heard otherwise so fingers crossed. If I hear otherwise there will be fireworks!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Sorry to hear about your delays, guys. I really can't understand Nissan's whole ordering system. Surely the sensible thing to do and the fairest way is to build the cars by and large in order based on order date. I really can't understand why you've ordered your cars in July and won't see them till January. I'm sure the DIG-T is going to be great, but its an effing Nissan, not a bespoke Aston

·
Registered
84 Posts
**** Warning a pointless rant contained within ****

Yip the wifes is delayed till Jan 4th. She went nuts down the phone to NCS to be told I'd already been advised of this date and that the dealer and myself effectively made up the alarm issue that Nissan sent a realease to the dealers about.

I'm more raging at the bare faced cheek of the women on the end of the phone, if this is pre-sale service I dread to think what it'll be like the other side!

I just hope the car will still bring a smile to her face when she gets it and not have the fun drained out it by the farce that is Nissan.
I nowactually hate that name "Nissan" I'm spitting it out as I type this. A de-badging will be required if the mythical DiG-T which is apparently as sought after as unicorn piss ever turns up.

**** Rant over ****

·
Registered
3,309 Posts

Kenny - you are quite right to rant - you rant away!!!! - What is the excuse this time??? - I cant believe they are again blaming the dealers again - they did that with my delay, blaming the dealers for making up a delivery date which they had in fact emailed the dealer with....
I am really surprised you haven't had meltdown yet with your delay...
All the best buddy
Fee

·
Registered
575 Posts
If Nissan want to start getting a decent reputation, sorting out NCS should be their first step. My experience of them was that they had no idea of what was going on, broke promises on when they'd call back, took longer to investigate than they promised and offered no help or resolution at all - hence I ended up cancelling my first order.

Second thing for Nissan to sort out is their own communication and hopeless ordering system which has created much of the frustration.

Hope all works out in the end for you, Kenny

·
Registered
84 Posts
Chris/Fee thanks, just need to grin and bare it because she can't see past the Juke. Be worth it the end judging by the virtual grins on all those that have got theirs now

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well I too have ordered a Nissan JOKE ... errr Juke ... although I’m not sure as the punch line doesn’t seem likely to arrive
. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

We ordered at launch night on 28<SUP>th</SUP> July with a confirmed delivery date of 29<SUP>th</SUP> September although verbally told it would likely be 2 weeks before that – great we thought. The car is/was going to be a replacement for my wife’s trusty Micra that has served her well for the last 8 years. We chose a force red 1.6 DigT Tekna 2wd spec with red trim. My wife was eagerly awaiting the arrival of “Marma-Juke” ... she really wanted a burnt orange colour option ... but the quote delivery dates are now beyond a joke. Like so many others the delivery date seems to be permanently 6 weeks away – early Otober to mid October to November. We thought we’d finally cracked it with a mid December delivery just in time for Christmas but oh no we’re now being quoted 1<SUP>st</SUP> week of January. My wife has simply had enough and wants to cancel the order – the initial excitement has been un-reparably marred by Nissan customer services.

I’m so annoyed
that the only reason they are able to give me is because of demand ... how can they think that is acceptable? I wonder if I didn’t bother turning up to work this morning I could get away with telling my boss it was because of demand?

Anyway at present I’m leaving the deposit in place whilst I look at different options. Nissan customer services have eluded to the possibility of a good will gesture but haven’t quantified (even on pushing) what that might be – a free pen maybe? Even some freebies or a chunk of cash off I suspect won’t be enough for my wife who put simply has had enough of car salesmen / dealerships and would happily keep her Micra for another 12 months.

I guess that’s the end of another rant but it at least proves that even the main high sales colours are being delayed.

Apologies - I should have start by saying hello to all forum memmbers. Lets hope my goodbye won't soon follow.
R.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts