Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Would be interested to hear feeback on fuel tank size. I believe the fuel tank should hold 50 litres / 11 gallons? Filled mine (1.6 DIGT TECKNA) up yesterday with about 40 miles to go on the range read out and it only took 33 litres.

Is there an issue with the range read out or is the tank really only 40 litres (?).

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I problem lies with whats left in the tank the range left is pesemistic as no one seems to have put as much in on fill up as they were expecting and the tank only holds 46 litres unless you have the 4x4 which is 50 litres

·
Registered
32 Posts
i am hoping there is an issue with the read out, as when i fill mine up it say 200 miles till empty
it needs to go back to the dealers to get the wipers and auto lights fixed so will be adding that to the list

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
your not the first person to say that digt shows 200 miles for a full tank however, some people have said they have gotten up to 300. I think one sunny day im going to go for a drive with a spare few liters of petrol in the bacl and run the tank dry just to see how many extra miles u get after the read out hits 0

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
dont know what your complaining about when I fill my diesel up it only says 200 miles til next fill up.
to be honest I tend not to pay attention to it just wait until the guage gets to 1/4 of tank then fill it up

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
i guessed i just assumed that new cars would have better engines designed to prolong your fuel.
I would have thought that a car bought in 2011 would have better MPG than a car bought in 2005

Weel thats egg on my face lol

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I would tend to agree with you but if you read the posts on fuel issues you will see that the consumption for this 2010 built model is more akin to a car built 20 years ago although I do believe the DIG fares better as its an all new engine whereas the others are old and just modified a bit
but I was really responding to person who was not happy that when they fill up its says 200 miles to go its an electronic system that is not always super accurate its a guide

·
Registered
265 Posts
meaga-byte said:
I think one sunny day im going to go for a drive with a spare few liters of petrol in the bacl and run the tank dry just to see how many extra miles u get after the read out hits 0
very good idea, I have a Smart mhd and I had the same situation but after this "experyment" never had the problem again

I don't know but looks like computer need reach absolutly zero to read properly

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I didnt pay much attention to the petrol read outs during the test drive but does the juke have a gauge to tell you how much petrol you have left AND the thing that says you have 200miles till full up or are they one and the same. One of them needs to be dam accurate other wise we are going to have jukeys running out of gas all over the country lol

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
ProceSS said:
meaga-byte said:
I think one sunny day im going to go for a drive with a spare few liters of petrol in the bacl and run the tank dry just to see how many extra miles u get after the read out hits 0

very good idea, I have a Smart mhd and I had the same situation but after this "experyment" never had the problem again

I don't know but looks like computer need reach absolutly zero to read properly
thats about the worst idea I have heard if you run it dry you will pick up all the rubbish in the bottom of the tank and put it thru the injection system, now I accept its a new car and shouldn't have any crap in the tank but I would never recommend this just in case,

·
Registered
265 Posts
no, no - it is like you say but you need "feel" car and when is start shaking this is the "end"

I'm not talking about drive to stop the car

·
Registered
171 Posts
Bare in mind that the "miles to refueling" function isnt just based on the amount of fuel in the tank. It takes a number of things into account to work out how many miles you have left in the tank, i.e. current mpg, recent mpg, speed, AND amount of fuel in the tank.
Or atleast thats how its meant to work.

Edited by: Beranicus

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
deks36 said:
I problem lies with whats left in the tank the range left is pesemistic as no one seems to have put as much in on fill up as they were expecting and the tank only holds 46 litres unless you have the 4x4 which is 50 litres
I thought the FWD has the 50 litre tank and the 4WD has 46L?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Its 4WD with smaller tank according to the ownersmanual thats posted online on forum (but its theamerican one - cant check my own manualright now cos I'mat work !!)-I think it's cos of reduced space because of 4WD transmission.

·
Registered
873 Posts
It's bigger according to the Nissan Tech Specs I have in front of me. 50l vs 46l for all the other models.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
for once I agree with Stormrider the tec sheet I have states all models are 46 litre except 4x4 which is 50 litre

·
Registered
93 Posts
How odd ! U would think it would be the other way round, wouldn't you ! Explains why I only get 30 ish litres in to the tank when it's showing 'empty' ! LOL ! Edited by: kennyp

·
Registered
175 Posts
The 2WD Juke has the same size tank as in the Note (46 litres) which is alsobuilt in the UK, the 4WD (built in Japan) has a 50litre 'saddle tank' (like a horse riding saddle) that allows the rear wheel drive system to sit benith it..

1 - 20 of 34 Posts