Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if anyone else has this issue?? I filled my Juke up the other day and on the computer it said that I could do 267 miles.
By my calculation, the car holds 11 uk gals, its doing at the moment 42 mpg that calculates to 462 miles !!!
Am I correct ?? or is there a problem here ??

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
tank holds 46 litres
how do you know its doing 42mpg?
remember all the figures quoted by the on board system are an average

·
Registered
873 Posts
I think it uses a rolling average so base it more on the current rate, rather than an overall average. Somewhere in between overall average and current.

I find it a bit unreliable though, I've had the distance to go counter reach 0 while there are still 2 marks on the fuel guage.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
EastLondonJuke said:
I have half a tank left and the computer says I can go another 204 miles...
Yeah when I got it, it had half a tank and it said something like 200+ miles, but now on a full tank 267 miles, o well I'll keep an eye on it and see what happens.
The strange thing is on my QQ that I traded in the dte was pretty accurate with the average mileage, hope I haven't made a mistake buying this one !!!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
hiya Deej

I had 3 QQ and always found that the distance to empty always depended on what the averageMPG was. This varied on a day to day basis.

I wouldnt get TOO hung up about it but do a rough manual calculation every time you fill up and you will get a better handle on whats happening.

Granted it is a bit annoying!!!

Fee x

1 - 8 of 8 Posts