Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been driving my Juke for the first full day and noticed that what appears to bethe fuel warning lightis on all the time when the trip computer is in the 'distance to empty' mode - see picture. I'm not really bothered about it but just wondered if it was a known issue.

·
Registered
144 Posts
You're safe, that is the indicator to show how many miles you have until next refil!

The 'miles' to the right of it is the range...

To change the display to eg MPG use the right-hand of the two little buttons below the displayEdited by: Tim84

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yeah ours is like that just went out to have a look out of interest, i think it's to tell you what part of your trip computer you are looking at through the sequencesso if it shows the petrol pump it means that's how many miles till empty because once i change the trip computer it disappears.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah, many thanks. I thought I might be wrong, which was why I phrased my question as I did. Good to know all is well.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Ian

Be careful though - you wont get an audible "beep" or warning when the fuel light actually comes on .. Its simply a yellow "fuel tank" symbol that illuminates on the dash....

It flashes to warn you so make sure you check regularly.

Fee x

·
Registered
873 Posts
The actual fuel warning light is different, it appears on the bottom of the display and is silhouetted against a yellow square

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Like so, from the Edmunds Long Term Test.

"Those four dashes is the Juke's fuel range readout. At 30 miles to empty it began flashing and at 14 miles to empty it just packed up and became these four dashes.

I hit the nearest gas station, where the Juke swallowed 11 gallons exactly. Now the Juke has a 13.2 gallon tank and an EPA rating of 25 mpg city and 30 mpg hwy, so I figure I could have kept driving for nearly 50 miles."

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yeah,, this light had us worried to, because the manual didn't have anything in it that mentioned this light. But after setting it up so that we could see the MPG light.. We knew it wasn't anything to worry about.. But I wonder why Nissan didn't write any explanation in the manual about this.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Instruments and Controls 2-7 (US Manual)

"The low fuel warning light [ ]illuminates when the amount of fuel in the tank is getting low. Refuel as soon as it is convenient, preferably before the gauge reaches 0. There will be a small reserve of fuel in the tank when the fuel gauge reaches 0."

1 - 15 of 15 Posts