Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

161 - 166 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
After running in, which really takes about 15,000 miles, I found 50mpg to be about normal day to day. Long journeys in reasonable traffic on A roads gives me a best of 60mpg. Would never have managed even 55mpg in the first 10,000 miles.

Any journey of 10 miles or less registers mid-thirties on the dash. Ignore it.

Good luck with the class-action. You'll need it in order not to lose your shirt and possibly any house you own.

·
Registered
422 Posts
My partner uses ours for town driving and gets 39 on average. Pretty horrific really considering her old Mini Cooper D got 55mpg and Citroen DS3 65mpg doing the same journeys.
Are you taking their respective dashboard readout or actual measured fuel per mile as recorded from a dispensing pump? Don't take the short journey dash readout on the Juke at face value as it is equally pessimistic as the others are optimistic.

The very latest Juke should again improve on fuel economy. I've recently changed my Juke for a 1.5 diesel Qashqai and it averages well over 50mpg on the clock already, with a best journey of an indicated 58 within the first 500 miles. That is an indicated 8mpg improvement on the Juke at its best and about 12mpg improvement on the Juke at the same early stage in its life for the same journey.

Not sure if that indicates poor Juke economy or outstanding economy for the latest iteration of the engine. I was and am quite happy with 50mpg I got from the Juke [after 15,000 miles or so].

·
Registered
1 Posts
NISSAN are simply exaggerating there economy figures on this 1.5 di juke 37 mpg IS ALL YOU WILL GET driving normally as one would do in any car , as trying to scrimp only takes effort and diverting concentration from the job at hand driving safely and not annoying drivers behind who will risk life and limb to get past you if you are an economy freak , no this juke is being sold under false pretences most peoples choice to buy is on economy and they are then disappointed this is bad tactic by Nissan and trading standards and the press need to be involved owners should be compensated for this dishonesty and offered there money back by Nissan , if anyone IS INTERESTED IN TAKING A POOL ACTION AGAINST NISSAN PLEASE LEAVE CONTACT DETAILS AND I WILL GET BACK TO YOU SOON.
Just bought a 1500 dci juke tekna, filled to brim at nearest garage as I left dealers and refilled when I got home, indicated 80.1 mpg, actual 76 mpg, 332 miles for 19.66 Litres, seems ok to me but I do drive at lorry speeds and 90% of journey was on motorway.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2013 1.5dci tekna

A mixture of short running and a coupleof 50 mile trips and im showing 52mpg.

find sports mode better to drive in as im not up and down the box as much.

Eco mode on the motorway is horrible.

·
Registered
3 Posts
just done a round trip from plymouth to stafford and return, my average on economy mode was just over 50mpg , thats with the cruise on about 73mph all the way. quite happy with that.

161 - 166 of 166 Posts