Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

141 - 160 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
That's interesting information. I have been thinking of chipping mine, purely from a fuel economy point of view, not for performance. From your figures it looks like it would take quite a while to pay for itself, in strictly financial terms.Do you have any idea where the Bluefin is more economical? Main road cruising? Around town? Driving steady or hard?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Biggest benefit is mid range driving so on A and B roads. I would say it is better round town once warmed up and used to going up an extra gear, 5th instead of 4th as you have the extra torque available even in what seems the wrong gear.

Biggest difference is the extra go and less need to keep the right foot down, a quick burst gets you going a lot better and I find I'm cruising more than accelerating, and I would say I was more of a positive driver than a passive one!

I went with the bluefin for the extra torque and ability to overtake, whilst the standard isn't slow I found that when I had the extra bit of performance it adds, it makes a better driving pleasure. I previously had a chipped 320d kicking out around 200bhp which made driving fun, whilst the juke bluefined isn't on the same par for pace, for a car of its size it does make me smile on a daily basis and today I surprised a fellow juker on a dual carriage way! (If you have a 61 plate red dci in derby I must apologise for my actions but was curious to see how much difference there was)

·
Registered
126 Posts
actd said:
at 70mph on cruise, I'm still not quite getting to 50mpg.
For comparison I tried that today on my car. Not strictly comparable because I don't have cruise control, just a Mk I right foot. Also I am currently driving on studded winter tyres which may or may not make a difference. Anyway at a steady 112 KPH (70 MPH) on level ground with no noticeable wind the instantaneous fuel consumption display on my dash said 5.4 L/100 Km (52.3 MPG). I don't think this is very far away from your figure; within the accuracy of this test I doubt there is a significant difference. Not enough to explain the difference between your consumption and mine, anyway. You may be using more fuel elsewhere, or maybe you use motorways a lot more than I do.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I see mid 50's at 70mph using cruise control, although for some reason in wet weather that always dips back to around 50mpg. I'm going to start using Fuelly again as my MPG has definitely improved as the miles have gone on so I'm curious to see what the difference actually is.

·
Registered
952 Posts
You're brave, that website is shonky as ****, only a mobile number and what looks like a personal email address for contact puts me right off.
I can well believe remapping or adding a tuning box will improve the MPG, less time spent at full throttle willing the thing to pick up speed on the motorway!
What sort of driving are you doing where you're getting 50mpg and is that on the computer or have you calculated it fill-to-fill?
Cheers,John

·
Registered
422 Posts
Latest Juke DCi economy report.

It has now covered just under 18,000 miles and feels noticeably more perky than last I remember it. You might deduce for this that I am only a secondary driver, and you would be right. I've driven less than a third of the total and hardly at all in the last six months.

However, I've had it for the last two days driving from the West coast up to Newtown [Wales] and back and today down to Haverfordwest and back. These roads are through very hilly areas.

Over 250 miles it has an indicated 58.1mpg on the dash. From experience this translates into a true 56mpg. Very satisfied with that.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have now completed 1200 miles in my Juke, I always work out consumption by actually fuel used, however I calculate 50.5 mpg and the computer reads 50.6mpg whearas my old petrol I calculated 37mpg the computer read 40.4mpg. Living on the Pennines with the majority of miles being to and from work and around town I am well happy with 50mpg.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It always makes me smile :/ when I read articles about cars fuel economy. I`ve had my Juke DCI tekna for just over 2 years now. Although I am happy with economy and performance given by the smallish 1.5 dci engine, I still don`t think the economy of this vehicle is what the manufactures claims.
When the car was new I would drive to work and back, no other social/pleasure journeys covering 518 miles in total a week. I achieved this by travelling at a speed of 60mph on M20. Obviously I drove from and to town centre through traffic to get to M20. Anyway 518miles at 60mph equals a full tank of diesel.
I am now fortunate not to drive that much so I mainly drive for social and pleasure. I noticed that when I drive Juke enjoyably through town, I mean using the gears to enjoy driving i.e. pulling away, enjoying the torque etc. I`ll get about 30mpg. When I drive, however economically through town, heavish traffic I`ll manage between 40-45mpg. This is achieved through driving within 1000-1500 rpm. 30mph in 5th gear, 40mph+ in 6th gear.
My personal opinion is that DCI is a good all rounder but wish they made it with a 2 litre DCI 4x4 engine,manual gearbox.(just a thought)

·
Registered
165 Posts
ok so i picked up my brand new 13 plate dci acenta premium yesterday with 7 miles on the clock - drove home 40 miles with the cruise set at 70 and averaged 62.8 according to the computer...
drove it back later 40 miles to work (nissan) with 4 people in cruise set to 70 and averaged 61.2...
hopefully these figures will improve when it runs in a bit.. :)

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee489/BMWM3ESTORIL/MY M3 2011/juke1_zps6ee9e565.jpg

·
Registered
165 Posts
ha thought it was too good to last after having read some of the appalling economy figures quoted on here. our lass has had it the last 2 days for bombing around the doors and its gone down to 55.8 !!

still quite pleased tho as its better then the supercharged micra i have just gave back which was meant to do 65mpg and actually did around 47mpg ..

·
Registered
165 Posts
ok so 2 weeks later our lass is till getting about 56mpg around the doors and im getting over 60mpg on a motorway run - one day went to work with the cruise set at 65 and got 68 mpg another day at 70 got 62 mpg.
definately happy with the mpg tho its better than the 1.2 dig-s micra i just gave back - the fuel guage seems to go down noticeably slower and im putting less fuel in than i was in the micra :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Don't know if anyone is interested in this anymore. But I've had 2 fuel ups since I got my 2011 acenta 1.5 dci (had 32000 on clock) and fuelly is saying 57.2mpg. Mostly motorway 40 miles round trip driving with a a mile or two of driving in towns per day. Pretty light footed personally but I do hit the 70mph given the opportunity. Generally 2 people in car, no luggage etc, just commuting to work.

Although the trip computer is saying 49pmg....

·
Registered
3 Posts
just received my 1.5 dci juke and gutted to find in normal driving mode and style lucky to get 37 mpg bought juke based on figures from Nissan 70.2 mpg absolute fantasy , thinking of making complaint and asking Nissan n for all of my money back based on deception grounds , really not happy and don't understand how Nissan can think they can get away with this con trick ,trading standards needs to investigate there false claims .

·
Registered
422 Posts
just received my 1.5 dci juke and gutted to find in normal driving mode and style lucky to get 37 mpg bought juke based on figures from Nissan 70.2 mpg absolute fantasy , thinking of making complaint and asking Nissan n for all of my money back based on deception grounds , really not happy and don't understand how Nissan can think they can get away with this con trick ,trading standards needs to investigate there false claims .
Best of luck with that. Your current one should be more economical than my older model, but I regularly achieve 48mpg plus, an indicated 50mpg on the dash. If I try and on longer journeys on easy roads I can get an indicated 62 mpg. It has improved as the car piles the miles on, by about 5mpg over 20,000 miles I would say.

Short journeys of under 30 miles will always give a low reading on the dash. Not sure whether the low figures translate in real life low figures when properly measured full-to-full at the pump.

Although not spectacular, I find the Juke's performance/economy compromise to be quite acceptable. I've just ordered a Qashqai to replace it, with the latest generation of the same engine, which is claimed to be a fair bit more economical than my current Juke.

Check your fuel use properly, by measuring the volume used per mile, and over two or three tank full's of average driving with a view to economy rather than performance, and see what your mileage per gallon then comes to.

There are no false claims made. All cars go through the standardised test. Use the 'urban' or 'combined' figure to compare with your own measured figure. It should come somewhere between the two official figures unless you only do very short journeys, in which case I'm afraid a diesel car was the wrong choice for you anyway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bad sales tactick will bite nissan back

NISSAN are simply exaggerating there economy figures on this 1.5 di juke 37 mpg IS ALL YOU WILL GET driving normally as one would do in any car , as trying to scrimp only takes effort and diverting concentration from the job at hand driving safely and not annoying drivers behind who will risk life and limb to get past you if you are an economy freak , no this juke is being sold under false pretences most peoples choice to buy is on economy and they are then disappointed this is bad tactic by Nissan and trading standards and the press need to be involved owners should be compensated for this dishonesty and offered there money back by Nissan , if anyone IS INTERESTED IN TAKING A POOL ACTION AGAINST NISSAN PLEASE LEAVE CONTACT DETAILS AND I WILL GET BACK TO YOU SOON.

·
Registered
56 Posts
if your car is only doing 37 then I'd suggest something is wrong. I am on diesel number two and I achieve 42 in mine though mine does very low miles and I accept that the diesel isnt the right option for me. However I know a large number of diesel owners who are more than happy with their MPG around mid 50's

Good luck with trying to pursue this as I think you will fail. Its well documented that all manufacturers manipulate mpg to perfect world scenario this inst unique to Nissan

·
Registered
165 Posts
Had mine 7 months now and does 54ish around town 60 odd on the motorway without trying for economy and with the cruise set around 62 in sixth can get into the 80's and average high 70's no problem - never seen 37...have seen 73...

141 - 160 of 166 Posts