Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

121 - 140 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Looks like your worst day was about 45mpg - I dream of such figures

I am now halfway through a tank and my average consumptionon this one so far is showing as 38.6mpg - maybe I'll go for the record low for a diesel Juke. It's down to my driving style though - the car is just too much fun. Don't think my front tyres will last much beyond about 12k miles either as cornering is also a lot of fun.

Was idly thinking a couple of days ago what car I might get next (a long way off) and can't really think of an alternative that's practical (and that includes simply having to step out, and not climb out of the car) and fun - perhaps Nissan will put their new 1.6 diesel engine in it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Would be interesting to see who has the lowest figure - although it has to be based on a fill to fill mpg rather than the 'optimistic' drive computer.
Best mpg I've had is 46.7 but i had more than normal motorway journeys that tank.My worst is 38.9 on my last tank full - I had no motorway journeys, lots of short trips and to be honest now I've had my Juke 7 months I am confident in the car's handling and am starting to pushing it's handling.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, just driven from Cornwall to Birmingham and used three quarters of a tank of diesel. The "computer" says 58 mpg but when I fill up tomorrow I will let you know the real figure! Its a new 1.5 tekna, only 300 miles on the clock and it was a joy to drive! Some 50mph roadworks on the way but most of the journey was done at 72-75 mph on cruise control(except the twisty turny cornish lanes!) Edited by: bustersarah

·
Registered
126 Posts
Mine has fluctuated wildly. Best tank was 62.8 mpg and worst was 42.2 mpg. The overall average in the 13 00 miles the car has done since new in May is 52.4 mpg. The general trend has been for the car to use less fuel as time goes on. It would be nice if that continues
It is fairly easy for me to differentiate between consumption on motorways and non-motorways. My fuel consumption is a lot worse on motorways. This is purely down to speed. Typically my non-motorway use is cruising rather than stop-start, so a lot like motorway driving just slower.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Yes, high speed cruising kills the MPG. I can get it down to 40mpg or even a bit less if I really try.
On the trip computer I've found that mine is now actually accurate, confirmed over a few fills. No idea why, it was wrong before, but now it isn't. Bizzare.
Still at the end of the day the thing has the aerodynamics of a house brick and to be honest if you can drive any car hard and still get 40+mpg out of it that's really not bad at all.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well I have jus gone past 7000 miles in 3 months and my average is now 57mpg. Quite happy with that.Edited by: Dan.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I got mine in April, Teknaand have now done 16k miles averaging 55.7 on mixed driving varying from motorways, central London, and in fact all over the UK. I am happy with that compared to some of the other stuff i looked at which states 50 plus but only gives high 30's. I must agree that it rattles like an old tractor though!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I think that is impressive. You have a good one! Is that 55.7 overall from new, or on the last tank?
Has yours rattled a lot from new? I wonder whether the milage improves once it has worn in enough to rattle. Have you noticed any improvement in your MPG as you have more miles on the clock?
I am doing the same sort of milage as you, but got my car a month later so it has now done 13 000 miles. I didn't really notice the rattle until a few days ago; I wonder if my car has loosened up a bit now.

·
Registered
442 Posts
SJukeF said:
actd said:
The graph on my fuelly is all over the place :)
Same here. On both your graph and mine the economy goes up and down like a yo-yo. My car is using significantly less fuel than yours. On the face of it there is little in common between your car/usage and mine, but dig a little deeper and there is an important similarity. I put your figures and mine into an Excel spreadsheet, graphed them, and added a trend line. The trends both show the fuel economy is impoving as we drive more, and the trend lines are so similar in shape (although at different economy levels) it is amazing. In other words your car and mine are getting more economical in exactly the same way.
My graph seems to be settling down now, and "down" is the right word - it's no longer getting more economical as I don't give it a chance to.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I use an app on my i-phone to check accuracy along with working it out in my diary when i am sat in a hotel (i know no life!!!) and it has pretty much done it from new. On the odd countryside run like Lincolnshire or Suffolk it has been in the 60's but generally 55 and it stays at that however i drive and in all modes. It has always sounded like a tractor!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Had mine now for over a month. Have done 4 tanks of the devils juice and averaging 47mpg. Done a couple of long journeys (300 miles plus) and the rest short journeys and town. Bought the car second hand, 1 previous lady owner who did 10k in it. The trip when I got it was reading 46mpg but don't know how long it had been calculating for (possibly being a lady owner they may not have worked that bit out ;-) - floods of abuse coming).

As for noise I have had 10 diesels in the last 8 years through work from good old vw pdi engines to 6 cylinder mercs. I would say it was no worse than a golf or civic but not as quiet or smooth as a merc or BMW diesel. Overall I don't find the noise to over bearing.
Edited by: Pingu

·
Registered
49 Posts
just to add i got 61 plate diesel with 6500 on clock now. returning 55 mpg as calculated from receipts. quiet but my neighbour has 11 plate that does sounds like a tractor. bad batch maybe ?

·
Registered
126 Posts
My car now has 27 000 km on the clock and recently fuel consumption seems to have improved noticeably. When I am driving it the instantaneous consumption figure seems a lot better than in the past and over the last 5 tanks it has averaged 55 MPG. Consumption is still quite variable though. The individual tank figures have been 61.4 44.1 62.2 50.0 58.1. So on the right journeys the economy is there. The type of journey and use seems to have more impact on the Juke than on many cars, which is reflected in the wide range of fuel consumption figures reported on this forum. I suspect the aerodynamics are largely responsible for that.The significant thing for me is the range, because filling up is a chore I try to avoid. On my last tank I did 877 km (545 miles). That is much more encouraging than the range I was getting when the car was new, back in May. What a difference 6 months makes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You should try the petrol DIG T version withautobox !! We are only getting 24.5 on average andthat'sin ECO mode !! Still a great little car though !!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yes, that is the main reason I went for the diesel. The one thing I got from my extensive pre-purchase research (half an hour on Google) was that many owners have been disappointed with the fuel economy. Given the fairly high mileage the car does there is no way I would want the fuel consumption you have. My fuel bill would be about 100 euro per month higher.I am happy enough with the fuel consumption I am getting now.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I'm doinga good job of getting worse and worse fuel consumption - 37mpg yesterday on my fill up. My car is in having the ESP checked today, so they are having a look to see if anything shows up, but I suspect it is me. Having said that, at 70mph on cruise, I'm still not quite getting to 50mpg.
Edited by: actd

·
Registered
44 Posts
actd said:
I'm doing a good job of getting worse and worse fuel consumption - 37mpg yesterday on my fill up. My car is in having the ESP checked today, so they are having a look to see if anything shows up, but I suspect it is me. Having said that, at 70mph on cruise, I'm still not quite getting to 50mpg.
I'd say using cruise is costing you a bit on fuel economy. I find it uses the accelerator too much to maintain speed, I have had mine chipped and I can feel it doing it more so. I have generally found that not using cruise control can add 3 or 4 mpg to economy reported for a journey.

I have also recently done one month back on the old map for the ecu (I have a superchips bluefin device) to see what if any difference there was. I do fairly stable monthly miles and journeys so the comparison of one to another isn't far out. I found the tuned months gave me about 2 to 3 mpg extra overall, which isn't a massive difference but does make driving easier and more comfortable as I have less gear changing and a bigger smile!

Forgot to say I'm getting 47.8mpg calculated on fillups with fuellyEdited by: Pingu

121 - 140 of 166 Posts