Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 1.6 petrol Acenta for a week now and have found I've managed 350 miles on a tank full. This is mainly driving to and from work and a 120 mile trip back from picking the car up.
Was just wondering how this compares to other peoples findings. Am I getting more or less than the average.
Any comments welcome!

·
Registered
659 Posts
After over a thousand miles I'm getting 40.9 mpg. And I'm very light-footed.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I think if i ran my tank past the empty tank warnings I would get similar, but seeing as it gives you the warnings so far in advance, i tend to fill up around the 300 mile mark on average.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Tank full to next top up . Mines 38 mpg. Short 30 mph for 2 miles then free running by pass doing 65 ish for 5 miles then,30 mph for1/4 mile to stop.
So the regeneration system don't have much chance to work.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I am averaging 38mpg (petrol), 1500miles to date with the majority local. I ran only Sport mode for one tank of fuel and got 36mpg, then in normal mode for a tank full and got 38mpg. I now just use whatever mode I feel suits the occasion. I tend to usenormal and sport most, it is very hilly with us and I find that I can drive in a higher gear in sport than eco or normal so would expect better economy in sport. If I am on the motorway or stuck in traffic I use eco, I am not particularly light footed either.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Thanks to everyone for keeping us waiting for our Jukes to arrive updated on this crucial information. Especially with the price of fuel these days.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have now done 1,200 miles in my DCI and according to the digital readout I am getting 46.8 mpg.I do 50 miles a day, that is driving on country lanes at an average speed of 40 mph for about10 milesand the rest on A roads at 50-55 mph. We did a trip on the motorway over Christmas and got it up to 47.2mpg.I drive in5th gear at speeds over 35mph and then as soon as I get up to about 45mpg I put it into 6th gear.

·
Registered
16 Posts
<a href="http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/petrol-bills-calculator" target="_blank">
This is quite a good site to work out your petrol / diesel costs

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/petrol-bills-calculator</A>

·
Registered
105 Posts
After 500 miles, my 1.6 is averaging 37.5 on the computer, however I think this is a liitle optimistic, so I do a brim to brim check next time.

It's been all local work in poor weather, with about 50% in sports mode, and only maybe 5% in eco. So if the actual consumption is close to 37, then I'm well pleased.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ive had my 1.6 for 2 weeks now. I teach learners in it and on a full tank, second fill up, 280miles i got from it. and that incl stalling, high first gear revving and idling for some time, which in my eyes is not bad.Ive noticed over the years with getting new cars every 6 to 12 month that the car becomes more eco after 3 to 5.000miles mark.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Jukotabeekidin said:
After 500 miles, my 1.6 is averaging 37.5 with about 50% in sports mode, and only maybe 5% in eco. 
There is little difference in using Eco Normal or Sport to MPG.
The three modes are mainly for steering etc etc.
My dealer ran three models one on each Mode for one week and at the end the mpg difference was minimal.......
That's why since picking mine up it's been in Sport.

Lj

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have to disagree. I am getting an average of 40- 40.9mpg when using eco and the one time I used sport for the entire tank - it was 35 (all worked out manually). I have the CVT so not sure if that is the reason for the difference but I have to admit to keeping in Eco except when I need that extra boost

·
Registered
912 Posts
seatraveller2002 said:
Thanks to everyone for keeping us waiting for our Jukes to arrive updated on this crucial information. Especially with the price of fuel these days.
Fuel prices seem to be fluctuating quite a lot recently and presently, most of the supermarkets are charging 132.9 litre petrol & 136.9 litre for diesel. My local villiage Tesco/Esso is charging 132.9 for petrol, on par with the supermarkets, but last week it was 133.9. It all depends on what part of the country you live in. Northern & Midlands areas tend to be the best, with the South, having to pay more at ordinary road side filling stations. Even the supermarkets don't keep the prices the same nationwide, it depends where you live.
Motorway Services are charging 141.9 petrol & 145.9 diesel in the Midlans, probably more the further south you go. I Have NEVER use Motorway Fuel ever since I started driving and have no intensions in the future as it is a Rip Off! By the way the lowest It's been around my area during the past 5 weeks is 128.9 and that was a Jet garage in Tamworth, but two days later it went up to 130.9

·
Registered
41 Posts
Im getting 260 miles on a full tank thenit starts to flash. I do lots of town driving in londonina normal1.6 petrol engine and i find that to becrap Even on eco mode.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Chris. I assume u have the 1.6 non-turbo manual?
How many miles have u done?
I have the 1.6 turbo and was getting about the same when i first got the car.
After the engine wore in the MPG started to improve. I dont use Eco but used to spend all my time in normal with the odd bought of sport mode. Now i just stay in sport mode and 99% of my driving is town. I get about 300 per tank before it starts flashing at me and about 325 when i have no more bars left on the gauge.

Saying that, when i do get out onto the motor way and stick to 70-80 i can get about 200 miles to half a tank.
This will be further tested on the 4 hour round trip to Orton this weekend for the Juke meet (unofficial)Edited by: meaga-byte

·
Registered
873 Posts
You have the 6 speed gearbox though MB. The non turbo only has 5 speed and it drinks fuel at 80.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts