Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the North East of England so we have had a fair bit of snow lately!

Been excited about trying James out in the snow. But my screenwash is frozen, actually in the washer bottle. Looks like they have only filled it with water. Not good.

So I've poured hot water over the bottle, but still not working.

I'm not happy.

Just hope they haven't put only water in the radiator.

Apart from this grumble, I love James the Juke!!!!!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Try the North East of Scotland!!!

Its snowed heavily every day since Thursday.

Normal snow depth on my grass is about 8 inches- at least I told my wife it was 8 inches..........cue a comment from 12inchmick!!!!

Andy
Edited by: andytran

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
andytran said:
Try the North East of Scotland!!!

Its snowed heavily every day since Thursday.

Normal snow depth on my grass is about 8 inches- at least I told my wife it was 8 inches..........cue a comment from 12inchmick!!!!

Andy
I could come up and check................... but i don't use it as a rule.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Aye there is a fair bit of difference between a man's opinion of 8 inches looks like and reality! Usually ends in disappointment.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Look -

Its snowed again overnight and Ive been outside checking......even in the cold, its 8". I checked whilst standing on the garden.......

Whats that blue flashing light???

No seriously, its getting boring now....another day of the Juke being stuck in the garage! Look at the view outside just now...

Andy

·
Registered
443 Posts
James_the_juke said:
I'm in the North East of England so we have had a fair bit of snow lately!

Been excited about trying James out in the snow. But my screenwash is frozen, actually in the washer bottle. Looks like they have only filled it with water. Not good.

So I've poured hot water over the bottle, but still not working.

I'm not happy.

Just hope they haven't put only water in the radiator.

Apart from this grumble, I love James the Juke!!!!!!
three is some additive from the factory .
They don't put add screen wash .so you only get water on the PDI.as its so cold.,-7 c hear,that's not strong enough .ok a service you only get one bottles
Mobility won't even pay for screen wash on a service .best. get some concentrate

·
Registered
754 Posts
I noticed that the screen wash was frozen at temperature of only zero!
You'd have thought that paying ~ 15k for a car, they could afford some screenwash!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Probably thought the extra weight involved would put the weight up and increase the CO2 like the spare wheel !
P.S. mines frozen too !

·
Registered
873 Posts
silverjuke said:
I noticed that the screen wash was frozen at temperature of only zero!
You'd have thought that paying ~ 15k for a car, they could afford some screenwash!
You'd be surprised how tight the margins are for cars like this. Anything extra like that could seriously dent the profit made on something like that. I don't think it's that bad.

I ran my screenwash tank empty today (it was water only) while the temperature was above freezing, so I can replace it with something better - got some proper screenwash at home, and bought some more today.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Stormrider - Profit margins are around 10%. But regardless, if you can't see out the windcreen you can't use the car!I would love to be able to add screenwash concentrate, but seeing as the contents of the bottle in the car are completely frozen, I can't!Ggggrrrr.P.S. Refusing to pay my council tax for every day this winter the roads are not adequately treated! Can't face a winter like last year!

·
Registered
873 Posts
The profit info is from my Dad, who was manager at the Oxford Westway Nissan branch.

I've now replaced my water with proper screenwash, filled up the bottle with it, so should be good now for a while!

If you can get the car warm, or you manage to get a washer working, take the opportunity to completely empty it of the water by keeping the washers on. Then you can just add screenwash at the next opportunity. It got to 2 degrees around me today so managed to do that.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Stormrider said:
The profit info is from my Dad, who was manager at the Oxford Westway Nissan branch.

I've now replaced my water with proper screenwash, filled up the bottle with it, so should be good now for a while!

If you can get the car warm, or you manage to get a washer working, take the opportunity to completely empty it of the water by keeping the washers on. Then you can just add screenwash at the next opportunity. It got to 2 degrees around me today so managed to do that.
I planned on squirting enough out to top it up with concentrated screenwash.

·
Registered
659 Posts
So that explains it! I thought it was just super-cold but it's not that. It's just they cheap-skated on the screenwash. Now that is poor.

·
Registered
443 Posts
There is a way round it.but you got to watch your paint. Go to b n q and get some meths.tip it in the resivor.and it will eat its way into the water.
On the x trail last year we used it to boost the anti.freeze quality of Tescos wash.but not sure how hard the paint on JUKE is do.it at your own risk .

·
Registered
88 Posts
Glad I read this thread, picked up the Juke yesterday evening and sure enough just water in the wash bottle, I just put the wash onto the screen for a couple of minutes then topped up with concentrate to about 30%.

Looking at Juke-of -earls post, the meths should be OK as it isnt that much different than the various alcohols they put in screenwash, the problem will be getting it into the pump and through the tubes to the wash jets as that is where it usually freezes first, I have not looked at the tube configuration but it may be worth pulling the tubes off and putting them in warm water to thaw if they are easily accesible.

·
Registered
443 Posts
The resivor and pipe work come from under the r h front arch.so not to easy to get at ,then it goes under the plastic trim that covers the wiper. So hid up too

·
Registered
345 Posts
funny just got in the car to get me some screenwash

and they worked again.

I guess when they where frozen, I drove actually directly on the highway and diue to the driving wind they cannot defrost. But after I parked the car for half an hour some how the engine heat does defrost the screenwashers

i also direclty put some concentrated screenwash in it

·
Registered
754 Posts
Topped up the washer tank with concentrate, sprayed it on the windscreen today and it froze again - only a temperature of -1C outside.
Got to find a way of emptying the washer tank.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts