Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took delivery of our juke acenta p pack today

Lovely car but...
Had nissan front sensors fitted to complement rear camera but won't stop beeping

They seem to be activated when car put in reverse as if rear sensor connections have been made to gear shift but we have no rear sensors

In shop now for an hour problem not yet found

Any ideas??!

Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well the sensor brain is deemed faulty new one on order

Sensors disconnected in meantime

Thanks

·
Registered
130 Posts
Interesting....see, Nissan are constantly "tweaking" their design blueprints. First I've heard of front, audible, complementary sensors....great!!!

Hope it gets sorted!

Duncs

·
Registered
316 Posts
Side sensors would be nice.
Pranged my X-trail twice on hidden low objects directly below the passenger door mirror.
Reversed in then pulled out turning left . . . graunch!

First time on a bollard I forgot was there.
Second time on a dry stone wall I couldn't see in the dark.

Living in fear now - can't even fix a little mirror on the front of the wing because of the light.

·
Registered
1 Posts
MickP have yours been fixed yet?

I have a front parking sensor problem too.

Mine is not that it keeps beeping however, the switch that I have to turn it on (I assume you have one too) is intermittent. Sometimes it works, while others it doesn't.

They have replaced the sensor unit but the problem remains.

I am told it should work as follows (have you been told the same):-

When you come to park, turn on the front sensors with the button. These will stay on for around 20 seconds (as they are on a timer) to allow you to park before going off. If they go off you simply need to press the button again.

My problem is when I first get in the car the front sensors are working correctly (without having to do anything). When I reach my destination and try to turn them back on to park they will not come on unless I go in to reverse.

I have been told by the service department that this should not be necessary and I should be able to simply press the button.

Thoughengaging reverse doesturn them on, you don't want to have to go from 1stto reverse and back to 1st everytime you want to park going forward. It would be much better if they simply stayed on until you turned them off. No need for a timer.

Does anyone else have experience of parking sensors on Nissans - is this how they work?

Other than that loving the car!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
ok.. getting a bit to far.. parking sensors on a juke.. that like putting these sensors on a bicycle.. I mean.. we needed the sensors on our very big SUV.. at least on the back/rear.. couldn't see very well.. Here all vantage points are clearly marked.. Just more things to worry about on some screen that you know you can't use while driving.. Not sure what the laws are in UK.. but here in the States.. things are getting very tight. No cell phones while driving etc.. But hey we don't have a cell phone anyway.. so what will happen?.. cops pull us over and give us a ticket for not having a cell?..

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have an RHD Juke Tekna March 2014 and the switch for my front sensors is under the dash, to the left of the steering wheel, it's a simple rocker switch, on/off. I've not noticed if they're on a timer, it's never taken me more than 20 seconds to park!
I feel they are over-sensitive though, if I leave the switch on, cars passing me in the other lane set them off, as well as parked cars. Does anyone know if there is a sensitivity adjustment on them?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts