Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have just bought some mesh to fill in the "wine rack" on the front bumper and have been lookin at whats involved to remove it. Seems an easy job - 4 phillips head bolts - 2 torx bolts and 3 plastic clips. Will take some pics when I remove it at the weekend.

Whilst I was looking under the car I noticed there was no underbody protection for the engine. I would have thought there would have been a cover to protect it. Looks like there are holes for bolts etc. Just wondering if it is missing on mine or if in fact they are not fitted at all.
Any feedback on this greatly appreciated.
cheers
SteveEdited by: steve_lj

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
mine doesn't have engine cover either i suspect holes are their for other markets
judging by pics i ve seen it appears to be possible to remove just the black part of bumper though I am uncertain if this is the case

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bad news about the engine cover - penny pinching if you ask me !!
Yes - the plastic part of the bumper detaches - looks an easy job. Will put some pics up of the rmoval and fitting of mesh when its done.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
yours might be easy however as i have fitted the front styling plate to mine i know what a nightmare mine will be to do as the styling plate requires 4 nuts and bolts along the back edge which are nigh on impossible to get in as nuts have to go in from top took an 1 hour to do 4 not relishing the mod for the mesh but know i have to

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I cant believe that this weakness has not been picked up by nissan. There are certain to be issues with damage to radiator - mine has a couple of dings already. The mesh should do the trick , but really you should not be having to do a "mod" like this on a brand new car.

·
Registered
443 Posts
They fit under trays depending on what engine ,transmission and its designated market.
They stop noise.more than protect The underside .
Got any pics of The stone Impact.on The rad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts