Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get some front brake pads? I took my car in to Holdcrofts for its first service on Saturday (excellent service as always) and they advised me that they will need changing soon. I am happy doing this myself to save some money (its an easy job) but seem to be having trouble getting hold of the parts - can anyone advise?

Cheers,

Chris

Edited by: Stormrider

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've done 18,000 miles and they are at 90% worn, so needs doing in the next month or so. I'm told that's pretty normal...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Is your car an auto?

They tend to wear out brakes a bit quicker than manual cars, but 18K is not very far for a set of brake pads. You must drive like a formula 1 driver!

Try Eurocarparts.com website or Nextday brakes for Brembo brake parts!

Ouch!

Edited by: Ouch!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, manual. Tried Eurocarparts - it's not listed so emailed them, no reply yet.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As for next day brakes... they don't even have the Juke listed.

·
Registered
912 Posts
My present car a Vauxhaul Zafira (3 years old) has only got 19,500 on the clock since new and is still running on the original brake pads, you must be a bit heavy footed on the brakes!
Fast driving and braking will wear your pads down pretty quickly.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
19,500 isn't exactly much different from 18,700 though is it? :p

·
Registered
912 Posts
Stormrider said:
19,500 isn't exactly much different from 18,700 though is it? :p
No it isn't, but I was just stating that depending on your driving habit, your brake pads will wear much quicker if you use your brakes alot. I'm not assuming that is the case with you in particular, but some drivers seem toapproach roundabouts at about 60 to 70 miles an hour and apply their brakes about 100 yards away. Approach at about 50 and change to a lower gear and you wont need to brake at all, or if you do you need only just to dab them.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I only know what I'm told, and this is what I was told on my service. To be honest, for the sake of £30-40 and a couple of hours of my time, if it saves my rotors a bit and makes sure they don't wear down then I'm not too fussed. I'm just trying to get hold of the **** things and it's proving somewhat difficult!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi John - That's great, I probably will go for that. I don't know if you can just confirm for me that it is the front ones that need doing on mine (I came in for servicing last Saturday)? If so, I'll probably get those from you in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hi ,
I have checked and it is the front brake pads that would require attention.
Im off for the next 2 weeks as from tomorrow but if your require them in the mean time please email Steve at
[email protected]
and he will be happy to help

Cheers JOhn

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Anyone know of anywhere selling aftermarket brake pads? It's crazy that you can get a set of pads for other cars for £15 or so, but not the Juke :/ It's been out a year now, you would have thought there would be some cheaper parts for it by now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi whats all this brake pad replacement? I have just traded in my Hyudia i30 with 61K on the clock and the MOT did not give me any notifications of wear....... I do hope that I will not be into brake replacement in the first 3 years of my Juke ownership.
I rely on a little planning for my journey. 99% of Motorway braking is down to poor planning so they say.
Hope that all those who are on the second set have better luck(?) with thier new ones

Lister39

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
brake pad wear is all down to indivdual person use, there is no given distance as set of pads should last
also OP does pull a trailer so this may add to his wear.
I am sure somewhere does pads for the Juke now, it may be worth trying to see what other models have the same set up, as its very unlikely the pads are unique to the Juke more likely the makers have not yet updated the data to include the Juke

Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Trailer has nothing to do with it, I haven't done that much distance with trailers, and the trailers are braked anyway so actually helps you slow down, far from putting extra strain on them. I have only really used them in anger a couple of times, pretty gentle with them most of the time.

I'm betting the manufacturers pads are softer than most, so they wear down quicker and need replacing sooner, keeps people coming back for more!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts