Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am also a member of a Juke Forum in the USA.

Some ownersspeak of the vulnerability of the various units housed behind the "wine rack" at the front of the Juke.

People have already reported minor damage caused by stones, etc!

There is talk of trying to install a black mesh screen of some sort, to try and protect what are quite important parts.

I don´t know if Nissan are aware of the problem. If not, I feel they should be but don´t know the best way to bring it to their attention? Of course, an owner, rather than a person like me,waiting for a delivery date on their Juke, would be a better bet, I imagine?

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Hi 4 x 4 - thanks for that info - If there have been issues in the past in the US - there may well be a Technical bulletin floating around somewhere.

It'll be interesting though to see if owners here will experience damage and in that case if Nissan do work under warranty .....

Thanks again

Fee x

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice to see someone else from JukeForum.com is asking around about this.

To repeat, have any Juke owners in the UK - who have had them for a while now -had anissue with thelarge holes (wine rack - I like that description
) at the front bottom of the Juke?

As this reviewer puts it: ... the black plastic faux-skidplate on the Juke’s nose might look like it’s designed to improve the approach angle, but in reality it merely conceals (rather than protects) a low-hanging radiator that would be immensely vulnerable in even a rock-strewn dirt road scenario.

Note: At the jukeforum.com some members have talked about installing a grill behind the holes, and are going to post their results in the topic 'Below the bumper air-inlets vulnerability'.

Many thanks for any insight into this issue.

LLoyd

·
Registered
204 Posts
I haven't had any problems so far (that I know of) but I guess if it's going to happen, it'll be over the coming weeks when the local roads get really mucky.

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
I really have no clue what you are talking about. We don't experience such severe weather here as a rule. I don't expect any problems. It sits high off the ground anyway and most of us won't be going off-road.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
anotherbadname said:
Don't like it.
you may not like it now, but after a big stone, hedgehog or some other foreign object goes thru the un protected radiator you may wish you fitted something their

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
jayannlay said:
I really have no clue what you are talking about. We don't experience such severe weather here as a rule. I don't expect any problems. It sits high off the ground anyway and most of us won't be going off-road.
if you look at the lower part of the front bumper the holes are totally unprotected and at the back is your radiator and aircon rad both of which could be damaged by an object coming thru the bumper ie a small stone thrown up by the car in front, it has nothing to do with extreme temperatures or going off road.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Surely Nissan would have thought of that. I wouldn't expect to have to buy a piece of extra kit to stop something getting damaged.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
well as its not there, clearly Nissan didnt think about, and to be fair neither would i have had it not been for someone overseas bringing it up

1 - 20 of 21 Posts