Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Speak to the dealer. They sort it out and it will start from when they need it to, toget the tax disc.

Lj2.Edited by: LazyJuke

·
Registered
31 Posts
I got the 7 day cover due to my insurance certificate not arriving in time. Dealer sold it as he was doing me a favour, when its something which most dealers do as standard now. The dealer will sort it out for you online while you wait, it doesn't take long. Remember to take your driving licence just in case. Good luck!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Dealers offer the 7 day drive awaycover because it means they can tax the new car in readiness and let you drive away on pickup without legal implications. Otherwise you would have tochange your own insurance a day or twoin advance which isnt usually convenient .In my case the dealergave me a number to ring and a dealer code ;a few days before pickup, I set up the insurance and the insurers faxed the cover note to the dealer allowing them to tax the car etc. I and the missus was able to drive to the dealers inour old car ,pick up the Juke and since I wasnt part exing ; drive both carshome.

The drive away insurer involved gets probably a 20% swap rate of drivers taking up their insurance permanently.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts