Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I knew this was coming but it looks as if Dan has done the upgrade you will see its mostly the same same but with a few new editions like the chat room and events list I am posting this before I too have had a chance to explore but I thought I would get this in before I get loads of pm's about changes

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Sorry

Just finishing off the upgrade and will run through some of the changes.
CheersDan

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Forum Homenow includes a list of recent postsPostsnow have a "thanks" option (note you can't "thank" yourself)Bookmark and shareat the bottom of the page instead of at the topRate a topic now addedPrivate Mailsnow increasedNumber of posts this has changed to a points system, reason being that you can gain extra points for a high rated topic, being thanked etc. as well as gaining points for posting a replying.Forum Homenow includes a list of recent postsMobile View the forum now had a better mobile view from smartphones
I'll update you with more soon.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Mods / admins can now mark posts as an Answer - so if someone posts a question and another member answers it we can mark the post and its helpful for anyone reading the forum.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Just tested the answer feature - it not only marks the post as the answer but moves it up to the 2nd position as well... I've tested it above for you to see.
CheersDan

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
But dan: all my posts are helpful

Looks good Dan, very nice work.Edited by: meaga-byte

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dan said:
Just tested the answer feature - it not only marks the post as the answer but moves it up to the 2nd position as well... I've tested it above for you to see.
CheersDan

excellent you might want to explain that to me and Kat

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
deks36 said:
Dan said:
CheersDan

excellent you might want to explain that to me and Kat
Okay Uncle, When someone askes a question you going to get alot of answers and in our case a whole heap of off topic banter and chatter. What dan has done is created a "thingy" that will allow an Admin or OP to mark a post as the answer he or she was looking for. This Marked post will then be moved to the second post at the start of the thread.
What this means for other people is that they see the question in the subject line of the thread, can open it and see that it has been answered. All they need do is read one post down instead of scrolling through pages and pages of rubbish looking for the correct answer.
DAN: i think i got this right?

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Spot on! lol
Its under 'Post Options' .
Forgot to say, also updated the site with the new logo!

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Told ya Deks that the site went funny yesterday, obviously Dan updating.
Not had chance to look at all the new functions, was a little strange at first.

Lj

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
no LJ, Dan done it today after 9 but I suspect he was playing with the other forums first
Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Lady juke said:
Sorry..... Who took the jam out of your doughnut!
I hope not doughnuts just not the same without Jam
ps I think I have an idea on you R8 replacement would it be 4wd and recently discussed

1 - 20 of 37 Posts