Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Picked up my Dig-T today and I have to say I am mega-impressed - follow the links below to the pics.

It really shifts and I traded in my Suzuki Swift Sport (see pic) which did 0-60 in 8 secs.

This leaves it for dead (seriously), so it is far quicker than Nissan have stated. The difference between sport, normal and eco is huge, but even in eco its quicker than the Suzuki (which was a brilliant and fast car I might add)!!

I think the 6-speed gear box is excellent and its no way near as firm a ride as I was expecting (having read lots of reviews).

Nissan Connect system is nice and user friendly.

All is well so far andI am loving the rear spoiler!

Hope to spot some of you around in North West London and beyond!

John

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/2447/cimg4188e.jpg
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/3452/cimg4189w.jpg
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/144/cimg4190w.jpg
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/7301/cimg4191.jpg

·
Registered
754 Posts
I'll wave if see you. Is that the Mill Hill dealership?
Edited by: silverjuke

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting! Glad to see you'll get yours for Xmas! I reckon I can get it to 60 in 6.5 ish if I rev to 4000 on launch

·
Registered
484 Posts
I’m not building my hopes up for a Xmas delivery - no VIN assigned as of last Friday.
On a positive note – sorted out my insurance = £320. Not bad for a 188 bhp motor. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes, brownjnr agree with all you say. Done 1200 miles in my Grey DiG-T, Tekna. About half on motorways and all I can say is its EXhilaratting, Particularly in sport mode - reminds of the days in the mid 1990,s when I lived in Germany and used the no speed limit Autobahns to the full. Now I am 69 it is still too much temptation not to hold back and WOW what a kick in the back.
Of course you pay - only 29mpg overall although I often get 32mpg on motorways keeping within the speed limit (or close!!). By the way I also have a spoiler - makes all the difference to the look.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think it looks ok without spoiler
looks good brownjnr

·
Registered
202 Posts
After seeing the pics I think a spoiler is a must, I think they look 'well cool' (I have to use the quotation marks as I'm over 40).

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jealous much SilverJuke?
Edited by: brownjnr

·
Registered
61 Posts
Gee, Red looks a different shade in every single photo I see! Sometimes "red", sometimes "crimson". What IS it, really? Dealer switched on me again! My Black was changed to White and now to Red. So, tomorrow I should have a "Red" one. I hope it's more red than ... ugh... burgundy.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
US Red is different from Euro Red
we have Force Red here you have Cayenne Red, obviously I haven't seen you red in person but it looks the same as the red they use to model the accessories on and looks to me to be a non metallic red and brighter than the red we have here, also our red can give the perception of different colour dependant on light

·
Registered
61 Posts
Are you certain about that Deks?

I know that they have different names, but I honestly thought they were the same for both of us. I have seen your version of the brochure, and "Force Red" has a code of "MAH", just as does our "Cayenne Red" here, and both are metallic.

This suggests to me that Force Red=Cayenne Red, just as I always thought it did.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
oh well that proves me wrong, oops oh well the pics i ve seen of overseas cars looked much brighter
but if it has the same code it is the same colour, don't know why they give them different names in different markets how confusing is that
once again I have learnt something new
regards

·
Registered
61 Posts
I agree. It's not like we're speaking a different language over here and our cultural references aren't mostly the same (well, perhaps some people might debate that
).

So, it's the force of the heat of those cayenne peppers that turns one red?

Anyhow, I'm cool with "red", but not so much looking forward to "cinnamon" or "burgundy".

You can assure me it's "RED" under most circumstances? LOL

In any case, I am supposed to see for myself in a few hours, because that's when I go to pick it up!

It's weird how something as small as exterior color has sent me on this little roller-coaster. I was told to accept first black, then white, and now red. I gave them four choices in order to expedite the arrival and make it easier for them to secure one. I also did that because I honestly couldn't decide which one to choose! The fourth option was Gun Metallic. Somehow, they felt that both UK and USA customers could handle that name, but not so much the others (e.g. Graphite Blue=Haptic Blue). I understand why you weren't offered the Electric Blue though. No blue skies to relate it to [ducks!!!].

1 - 20 of 20 Posts