Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Can only confirm this works for connect unit on a premium pack vehicle. Suspect it should work on all connect systems with 6 speaker setup.)
After playing about with the audio settings on the connect system it does seem a bit pants but what i would say is if you are plugging in an ipod/iphone/mp3 player etc make sure that the equalizer settings on the source are turned off.If its an ipod you are using you can set the equalizer to use the bass reducer option. This should increase the quality of the sound and take away the muddiness of the bass.
For the headunit settings try bass at minus 1 or 2 and treble at plus 1 or 2. Anything else results in either muddy bass or rubbish tinny sounds.
Hope people find this helpful and if anyone has any other tips please feel free to add.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I did notice a marked improvement when I followed your instructions Jukester. Cheers for the info!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was surprised how well it actually worked but it does make a very clearimprovement!

·
Registered
126 Posts
if using ipod/iphone/ipad you are a lot better using a cable that plugs into the flat slot on the bottom (where you plug it into charge. The sound comes out "pure" if you like, where the line out (the headphones) isn't as good quality.

Sean

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
beltanedeath said:
if using ipod/iphone/ipad you are a lot better using a cable that plugs into the flat slot on the bottom (where you plug it into charge. The sound comes out "pure" if you like, where the line out (the headphones) isn't as good quality.

Sean
Think you mean USB mate.
Dont know why anyone would connect there i any other way as you cannot control it with steering wheel controls otherwise.

·
Registered
126 Posts
no not usb that would be the other end of the cable, you can get a cable that plugs in to the base of the ipod, this then splits, so the car charges the ipod and still takes the sound signal to your cars audio input.

I'll find a pic
Sean

·
Registered
126 Posts
hmmm wont let me edit....but that is the one for my kia that i'm trading for juke, I'm going to be keeping hold of this as it looks like it might fit the juke

sean

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why would you want to use that?
Muchsimpler with just a USB cable. Theres not going to be any difference in the sound you get from your pod/phone/pad.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I think you'd be better off using a straight iPod-USB connector. I'm not sure how controlling the iPod would work if you're using the audio jack as an input either.

Something to experiment with, maybe, but since you get full control and arguably better audio with just the USB connection... why use something else?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts