Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car is going back to dealer to investigate uneven idle speed when warm and low fuel economy, the dealer knows nothing about the recall mentioned on here as reagards the software update on the o2 sensor.

I work in sales for another Japanese Manufacturer and have driven loads of cars in my time and i find the revs fluctuating on the rev counter and the revs not dropping when coming to a halt or when changing gears, i am convinced the car is over fuelling. The MPG is showing 22 MPG with 380 miles on the clock, the car is booked in on Friday for them to investigate and to check for any faults on the diagnostic tool.

I am hoping this will improve things, my wife drives the car mostly what i called mixed driving with 50% around town and 50% on motorway, i have been very disappointed with the economy we have started driving around in ECO mode with no difference to economy.

I PX a Subaru Impreza WRX 2.5 Turbo with 300BHP and that was getting 28 to the gallon being driven like it should, prior to that a Focus ST 2.5 Turbo was getting 27 MPG and my Company car a Civic Type R is getting 29 to the gallon.

I think i am losing faith in the dealer it was in after 2 days and they could not fault it the techie drove the car with my wife and said come back if you are not happy.

Hope its sorted on Friday or they find a fault :)

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Good luck, I am getting over 30 mpg in sport mode, similar driving area, so there must be a problem somewhere

XEdited by: Kats

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi i am having the same issue, not been above 22mpg,going into the dealer this week as well

·
Registered
15 Posts
I sure hope there is a problem found (gone are the days when you could whip out a spark plug and see the soot!?) but have to say the mpg figure, whatever it is, will be surprisingly bad considering what other manufacturers are achieving. We have a Dig-T CVT on order (not holding our breath on that, obviously) but hoped it would at least to be able to match what I get out of my Jag XF 3.0litre S diesel which weighs in at over 600kg heavier than the Juke and with liberal use of the sport/dynamic mode over 20,000 miles I have an overal average of 32.5mpg. OK I know I'm mixing apples & oranges but Nissan's fuel economy across the Juke range seems like a throwback to the 1980s. Based on what folk on here have said I doubt we will ever see 30mpg in the Juke Dig-T CVT on mixed town/country motoring and expect it will be close to 25. A colleague in the US has a 1.6 turbo manual and says he often gets figures in the low 20s.
[Having said all that, we can't wait until the Juke arrives and give it a good thrashing - after a respectfull easing in period, of course
]

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
one word of caution the US mpg will be different as their gallon is smaller than ours.
I agree with other things said that a small number of us dont seem to be able to achieve decent mpg figures in engine types and it does feel to us that the economy figures are way out of date compared to the rest of the market. although I have to say that the majority of DIG-t owners are very pleased with their consumption so I reckon a few must have rogue problems with them .

·
Registered
32 Posts
Back from the dealers and they have reset the parameters (not sure exactly what that means) but its gone from 22 to 26 mpg in 3 days mileage so far is 1027 miles, long may it continue to rise

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mine also holds the revs when changing gear - they don't drop down as I would have expected when you lift off to change gear -but been told that it is a characteristic of the DIG-T engine.
Not sure if I believe the dealer on that one, but hard to argue otherwise.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts