Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, Just registered as a new Juke owner
Took delivery last week of a White DIG-T (2WD) Acenta Sport with Premium pack2 Words - Love it - Great drive (not so good in the snow - but that'll hopefully all melt soon
)More space in that little boot than you first think as well once you start piling stuff in...
Merry Crimbo to all you other Juke owners out there
p.s. You all finding it a bit of a marmite car (people either love it or hate it) ???

·
Registered
272 Posts
defo a marmite car.see you got the best colour.simmo.....

·
Registered
379 Posts
Welcome flyfast,a great choice of colour as well. I am like you and many others in loving the car,it certainly does grow on you the more that you look at it and drive it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Afraid no pics yet - It's been snowing since the day I picked it up
I'll get something up a.s.a.p - even although it is covered in snow and grit

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Took a couple of quick pics this avo - But cant link to the site - Looks like I need a URL ???How do you folks do this ?

·
Registered
754 Posts
flickr.com
load it up there and link to it from here or open a photobucket account.
When you want to post you click the arrow in a cube button above this text box and that opens the full editor where you click the tree button and put in the url of your photobucket or flickr page.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
dont know about flickr but with photo bucket if you copy the img code and paste it straight to the text box it puts the image straight onto page

·
Registered
129 Posts
Well, I've now been driving mine three days and put just 60 miles on the clock!
Because of the weather it's been mainly in Eco mode but even so, I still get a sense of superb acceleration when needed. I'm a bit disappointed in the fuel economy at the moment, but then I was coming from a 1.4 Micra that averaged 48 mpg. The Juke is currently giving me an average of just 20 mpg on the dash computer readout but the Drive Mode display has it at about 35 mpg? (That's mainly town driving.) It's showing me approximately 250 miles possible on a full tank, whereas the Micra's was around the 290 mark, so I suppose that's acceptable, given the big difference in engines.
I've seen the lack of illuminated switches mentioned elsewhere on the forum, and I can only echo this: particularly the lock/unlock buttons. I had to stop and pick up a friend last night and there I was having to turn on the internal light to work out which button unlocked the other doors. A bit of a design oversight, but having said that, there's a lot more switchgear that lights up than I thought there'd be. Heated seat, ESP, mirror and steering wheel buttons are all visible at night; it's just the window and lock controls in the door trim that are conspicuously dark.
However, overall I am loving it. The high driving position is great, the wing lenses visible from the cabin help you judge distance and it's definitely a head-turner:at the traffic lights todayI saw a chap in a Mini whose jaw hit the floor as I pulled up. It's also fun at night — those four lights are guaranteed to get any back-seat passengers in the car in front to turn around!

I had a follow-up call from NCS today and I took the opportunity to give them some honest feedback about the actual handover, which wasn't as professional as it could have been. The salesman didn't even lift the bonnet or tailgate and more or less left me to it after a quick demo of the satnav. (The Nissan Connect system is just brilliant, by the way. I paired up my iPhone and transferred the address book within seconds and the touchscreen works very well.) He also offered to put some fuel in it for me, which I took as a goodwill gesture for all the delays I'd experienced. Alas, "some" proved an apt description as the petrol pump dial stopped turning at the £5.00 mark — not even enough to stop the low fuel warning as I drove off.
It'll be nice to get into Sport mode when the weather improves and see what she's really capable of — and probably watch the fuel gauge drop in real time!
So, to all of you still affected by delays, please stick with it as it's definitely worth the wait and you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Jukeofhazard said:
I keep taking mine to the hand car wash lol its costing me a fortune at a fiver a throw but hate to see the baby dirty
I do that as well, best to keep it clean with the amount of de-icer, screenwash and grit being used at the moment!

£3 down here, but £5 for wash and dry and some other bits. About to drive back to my parents via this place right now in fact!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
had my duke 4 days i'm quite impressed but imagine how stupid i felt i opened the boot looked under the first bit of floor cover in to the storage well shrugged me shoulders and wondered because i didn't have a spare tyre, why i didn't have an electric pump with foam injector duhhhhhhh my friend who i was showing the car to started stripping out the boot and lifted the boot tray and there it was hiding in the lower depths of the boot pump and foam

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Folks....

Happy New Year to all you Juke owners out there

Will see if I can get this photo upload thing wokring today

In relation to a few people asking about the heating in the Juke to get up to Temp !!!
I agree - the car does take a long time to heat up, BUT what I did notice, is that when you select the ECO mode, the climate controls also go into ECO mode, when the car is in NORMALor SPORT modes, climate controls are set to NORMAL, and not sure if it's my imagination or not, but I am sure it is quicker to heat up in both those modes...

Hope that helps

·
Registered
105 Posts
Doubt it's the ECO setting, more likely the higher revs from the engine due to increased throttle response.

I also find the heater slow to take effect. It was the same in a 2.2 Civic I had. The Civic forum suggested this was due to the modern diesel engines with better cooling. But my Juke's petrol and just the same. My Merc warms up real quick, so must have a better heat exchanger/circuit/system or whatever to provide cabin heat asap.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts