Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow what a lovely little mover (no FeeFee - not you this time) (Or you Deks for that matter)

Picked up the car as planned 8:45 Friday in the rain, which was a shame as I wanted to check the bodywork (again) (Checked it Thursday before the PDI.

There are very few smells that can beat a new car with leather interior, nearly forgot to breath out................
The dealer had put Juke mats in for me as “the car arrived without them” Thanks Pete.
A quick look in the boot confirmed his generosity had not extended to a spare wheel. But he is trying to locate a second hand spare from a QQ. Also got half a tank of petrol so not bad.
After the explanation of the controls - which I promptly forgot - I drove it out of the car park and truly felt like royalty. Got 200 yards up the road and was stopped by a gang of school kids at a crossing. They were just gawking at the car (feels good, love that) took ages for them to cross.
It was about this time that I got a boost of the leather smell as the heated seats had reached Bun Toasting Temperature.

The car handles like a dream and I soon discovered that I like “Sport Mode” best. It does what it says on the tin, accelerator response is far better. It might just be my imagination but the gear ratios and steering seemed different also. Although reading some of the posts on here it would seem I could be wrong on that score. But maybe the CVT reacts differently to a manual? Will check it out soon.

Had to visit a customer and drove 16 mile round trip and enjoyed every one of them. After that it stayed secure in the car park till home-time.

Well almost....................

I had been getting out of the car and pressing the little button on the door handle to lock the car, smiling inwardly at the little beeping noise it made when the alarm set. And again when I unlocked it to go home, nice not needing to take the key out of my pocket.

I met the dealer at my house as I am designing a kitchen for him (got to get some cash back somehow) and noticed that my mirrors did not fold as I locked it. “Let me try” he said.
Mirrors would not fold. “Where is your spare key” he said. “In the car said I” suddenly feeling silly.
Yes, I had been thinking the car had been locked, but because the spare key was in the cup holder and you cant lock the key in the car, the beeping was the Juke’s superior intelligence warning me!!

So not only had I not locked the car but the spare key was in it. Oh how we laughed.

Nipped in for a swift dinner and have been out driving it ever since. Just great.

Had to come home to let my Buns cool down. So now its off to bed with the manual, got to find out how to work all the toys.

Sorry to bore you but more will follow, together with cries for help no doubt.

Hang in there it is sooooooooo worth it. 12inch

·
Registered
272 Posts
nice one **** enjoy matie .......personally i hate heated seatssomething verywrong about a warm bottom ! simmo.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Good on ya ****. My wife and I were out driving in a demo of the same grade, even though we had already decided to order it.We have a CVT box in our current car (Honda Civic hybrid) and the CVT acts like any other autobox when you put the foot down. It responds to the demands of the engine.I tried the different modes yesterday, after realizing that the car was in semi for the first half mile, I suspect that it is the engine response that is changing and not the CVT.You are right about Sport mode, it will be very tempting to leave it in that mode but, I hope will power will prevail and we can leave it in Normal for some economy, ha, ha... not much chance of that then. Looks like I'll have to get a second job to cover the petrol cost.The only niggle I had was that I felt the car was a little 'bouncy' - and that was on a dual carriageway.I suppose I'll get used to it.The controls are well laid out and my wife couldn't stop playing with herself... strike that! She couldn't stop playing with the control centre. I think the colours were dazzling her
Now you take care that you don't wear anything out too quickly. Ensure you have plenty lubrication at hand.Look forward to the next update.

·
Registered
189 Posts
happy new car ****, and i am glad to see that you are reading up on all the bits and bobs as your comprehensive reporting will leave me more time to drive and not read,
enjoy **** where's the pictures ???

·
Registered
329 Posts
Nice one ****!!

Its been a long wait, but sounds like your luuuurvin it!

andy

·
Registered
173 Posts
Glad you can finally see what a great car the Juke is. I still keep hearing rumours about Nissan lowering the price of the spare wheel. I hope so because I've missed out on a couple of QQ ones on eBay so am still without a spare myself.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Glad youre having fun & loved your round up. Oops on the key front, but if it lessens the embarrassment any I couldnt lock my hubbys qq when I first used it. I didnt realise you had to push a button behind the keyhole on the dash! Its all part of the fun.

Have you had a CVT before? Is it easy to use & do you feel in control of the car?

I know it sounds odd, but it will be my first auto of any kind & I never use my handbrake, only on parking, just clutch control, so I feel a bit concerned that I wont feel in control.

Have even more fun!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Surely a CVT doesn't have gear ratios as such anyway? It does change the steering though, says so on the screen when you change modes!

·
Registered
659 Posts
I did exactly the same thing with my spare Intelli-key. EXACT SAME THING.

·
Registered
754 Posts
sallyspud said:
Have you had a CVT before? Is it easy to use & do you feel in control of the car?

I know it sounds odd, but it will be my first auto of any kind & I never use my handbrake, only on parking, just clutch control, so I feel a bit concerned that I wont feel in control.

Have even more fun!
Very easy to use. Just remember that instead of the clutch, you use the footbrake to stop the car moving forward.

·
Registered
39 Posts
simmo said:
nice one **** enjoy matie .......personally i hate heated seatssomething verywrong about a warm bottom !
simmo.
I have to have to agree Simmo There is something very wrong with heated seats. On the other hand there is nothing worse than feezing cold leather either so......

Enjoy the car though ****...

·
Registered
377 Posts
I love heated seats if youve got a cold! You dont want the heater on too high & it starts you coughing, so keep it cool & put the bum walmers on, you feel nice & toastie without bunging up!

Cheers silverjuke, im sure i'll get used to it, if I ever get it, lol!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Hey Sally. The CVT is the same as any other auto, just smoother. There are no gear changes to notice - unless you run it in manual (or semi-automatic to be more precise) then you would have to nudge it forward or backward to change the gears but, no clutch to worry about.It is as Silverjuke says, very easy once you get used to it.

Remember though that although you have no clutch pedal you must use only your right foot for everything, unless you intend to take up rally racing. They and perhaps the cops are about the only ones that might use left foot braking in cars.
My wife drove an automatic for the first time a few years ago and loved it.
I have had three cars with CVT and looking forward to my Juke being the fourth at same time as you.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Cheers for that Dougal, its reasuring to know. Ive always had manuals, but cannot drive one anymore, so didnt have a choice about swapping really. Hubby says i'll get used to it, fingers crossed!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Automatics are pretty easy to get used to. Most will roll forwards slowly if you let the brake off, so need to keep your foot on the brake to stay still, then you just press the pedal to go. Easy as that!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts