Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok after 1300 miles I felt the baby should have its first proper bath and makeover not just a lick and a polish so as it was a nice day, off I went to our friends at Halfords and purchased some goodies to make baby Juke shine and glisten.
Now I am not pretending to be Rocks and I certainly have not got his patience to mask black plastic and remove wheels but I wanted to make a decent fist of it so was prepared to spend at least half a day on the project.
1. Good rinse off with cold water
2.Shampoo with Carplan Triple wax shampoo that I had in the cupboard (not made of money lol)
3. Rinsed off with clean water and gave the babe leathering ( before you social workers get up in arms, its a figure of speech and Ijust dried the baby with a good chammy leather)making sure I dried all inside the door arches etc etc .
4.Then applied Autoglym Super resin Polish ,did a couple of panels at a time and buffed them after a few minutes to a nice shine.Was extra careful not to put polish on the plastic bits lol. Did all the car in a similar fashion again making sure I did inside the door arches etc.
5. Then started on the wheels and applied Super alloy wheel cleaner a Wonder wheels product,sprayed on and worked in with the brush provided,then rinsed off with clean water and dried with a cloth.
6. Then applied Auto Glym Instant tyre dressing,simply spray on and leave to dry to a nice new tyre look shine.
7. Then applied Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection,this was applied with a clean cloth all over the car and left for a minimum of 30 minutes until dry and a haze appears.This was then easily buffed up with a duster to a showroom shine.
8. Now the disappointing bit of the exercise and where I would like some input from the experts. ( yes am looking at you Rocks lol). When I started on the engine compartment I noticed that ALL the alloy parts of the engine ,and there are quite a lot had a white oxidatiation all over them. What is causing this,any one else got it and how can it be removed and treated so it does not re occur?

Any way I thoroughly enjoyed giving the baby a good going over ,the whole exercise including a trip into town to Halfords took I suppose 41/2 hours.Edited by: Jukeofhazard

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok photos here of the staining on the alloy parts of the engine. What do you think Rocks,if I wash off with water they return when it dries out.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Doesn't look good
I'd take it back to your dealer as it is as you say all over, looks like the whole engine has been spray with caustic.Looked at mine over the weekend and there is some oxidation on the engine mounts but nothing like this. I would suggest going over everything with diluted all purpose cleaner and a sash brush, followed by a metal polish followed by a metal sealant and then see how it holds up.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Took car into the dealers for them to have a look see this morning.They said this type of oxidation is not unusual and to spray with WD40. I have done this and it has taken the white powdery stuff off but am yet to be convinced this is the cure all and will keep an eye on it to see if it returns .:-((

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
If its any consolation, my old Juke Dci had exactly the same marks on its engine.....

Not much help to you but at least you're not the only one..

I thought all engines looked like that... D-oh!!!!!

Fee xx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts