Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have had my Duke dig it for a week now and only had it in Eco mode for several reasons. Among them are that the car is much more manageable and secondly it's more like my old 1.2 corsa.

Coming home from work today there was an impatient BMW behind me so I thought I would give him a little fright. Pushed that little red button that really should say "woooo baby" and took off like A bottle rocket. I **** near soiled my self
There is no way on earth that it takes 8 seconds to reach 60MPH it took about that long to hit 100

The BMW only beat me because he was willing to go over the 100mph mark. Even at that speed the lightest tap of the accelerator sent the turbo spinning and tires clawing the tar like it was trying to break the land speed record. It left me with the biggest grin of my life but a little shaken up and enough adrenaline to make my hands shake. At 26years old and ragging a small car around town I did consider my self a bit of a boy racer...... Until today.

Who in their right mind thought it would be a good idea to put that much power in a small car!!!!
Now were can I find some free petrol to try that again?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
beverleyabel said:
i cant wait to get mine now to try the sports out if it makes that much of a difference.
It makes a stupid amount of difference, the accelerator becomes so sensitive that u have to be barefoot to stop over revving and speeding. I'm sory but the first tank is going in Eco only. the second will be normal and hopefully by then I will be bale to use sport mode on a regular basis without A) getting a speeding fine B) going through a whole tank of petrol within 80 miles and C) drive it like it's not my first **** car with a clutch.
Maybe I just have a very heavy foot but I seem to be over revving a lot when changing gear.

Anyone notice that the breaks arnt as sharp as you would expect with that much power?Edited by: meaga-byte

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
MB.... Not a real difference in fuel used in the three modes.

Sport is the one thou and you are spot on about the accelerator

Lj

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I have noticed the brakes, had a few scary moments myself, goes with the territory I suppose. Adds to the adrenaline rush

·
Registered
484 Posts
</font>If they’re overtaking you at that speed you’ve succeeded
in peeing them off
, just let em go, it’s not worth your licence. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

</font>Up here they prosecute at 10% + 2mph over the speed
limit. Over 95mph it’s a court appearance and bye bye licence. There are no
fixed cameras in Fife just mobile cameras.My brakes are fine but I don't use them that often

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hehe it was fun albeit a little scary.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The car was dying to go faster but I must admit I lost the nerve. I still have the dealer mans face fresh in my mind saying "don't go out and race it at 80, wait till the engine beds in" in all honesty I'm worried about breaking something or burning out a part that's still stiff

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey I'll try anything once haha.
Especially if it gets me a discount

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LOL uncle Deks is a tad old for me but I don't mind the older ladies. They have been known to teach me s thing or two. You know, like cooking and shopping * runs and hides*

1 - 20 of 44 Posts