Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
Had my Acenta 1.6 petrol for 2 months now, and yesterday did it's first long run. Glasgow to Leeds and return in a day! 440 miles or so via M77-M74-M6-A66 and A1(M). After settling in to a 70mph routine, flicked on the cruise control and sat back and enjoyed the journey. Road noise a little more noticeable than round town as you would expect, but far from objectionable. Coming from a diesel, still getting used to a higher revving, and the corresponding higher pitched engine note, but once again, no problem.
I've been experimenting with the engine modes, and definitely prefer Sport mode, and to be honest, round town I see no difference in economy, so no reason to use anything else. Did the same on the motorway run, tried Eco, but it was like driving with treacle boots when overtaking, so Sport remains my mode of choice.
Economy got close to 40mpg on the trip down, not great, but reasonable.
The run was very comfortable, and the seats seem to suit me and my wife, no stiff backs or legs even after 2-3 hourscontinuousdriving.
Overall a great trial for a possible longer run to the continent next year!

·
Registered
19 Posts
||HeyJust read your review & agree with every word. Like you, I've got the 1.6 petrol Acenta, and have also done first decent trip in it. We went Manchester to Sheffield over the Wooodhead Pass, then down the M1 to Nottingham. First partt of the route had lots of twists & turns, and the Juke felt very sure footed even when I was pushing it. Plenty of beans in SPORT too.
Cant seem to reset my mpg, so did a test by running tank down to "30 miles left", put in 30 litres, then noted how many miles I'd done when I got back to that level. Like you it worked out around 40mpg, which I think is fine. (better than my Astra Sport which used to do 32).
Enjoy your Juke ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts