Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By the time the first Jukes arrive here in the UK they'll be perfect I'm sure, butand a few days ago
I wastold there wasnow an official recall for some Jukes.

This is all I can find on the nissan.jp websiteand it's all in Japanese of course.

At least they are getting the teething problems sorted out promptly.
I'll let someone else translate it - it's probably nothing much

There's supposed to be a guy in the London area who has imported a Juke from Japan into the UK. I hope he finds out about this recall, in case his is one of the cars involved.

http://www.nissan.co.jp/RECALL/DATA/100730s.html

·
Registered
129 Posts
Rough online translation:
Contents of the malfunction (1) Because a program of the fuel cut control at the time of the slowdown is inappropriate, in an engine control computer, might be stalled at the time of slowdown from around 40km/h. The restart is possible, but poor acceleration may occur. (2) Because quantity of application of the ceiling agent of the panel alignment department in the right rear wheel house is inappropriate, water might invade to ラゲッジルーム. Contents of the improvement (1) Revise the control computer concerned. (2) Apply ceiling agent to the part concerned.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent - that doesn't sound too bad.
Lets hope these Red Bull X-fighters bikes don't have the same fuel/stalling problem when they jump over the Juke, otherwise it'll get a dent in the roof:
http://www.nissan.co.uk/GB/en/vehicles/crossovers/juke/REVIEWS.html#vehicles/crossovers/xfighters

X fighters stunt team (sponsored by Nissan Juke and others) do their stuff in the UK on Aug 14th at Battersea if anyone is interested.

http://www.redbull.com/cs/Satellite/en_INT/Red%20Bull%20X-Fighters-001242814038525

·
Registered
26 Posts
All the demo cars doing the rounds at the minute were assembled in the UK using JDM parts....including mine. hmmm.

Auto folding wing mirrors stopped working tonight.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Hope thats not an omen as to overall reliability

Nah - theres always teething problems in new cars... the Renault Megane III had a recall due to faulty diesel return pipes and the Qashqai has had major problems with the initial models and their faulty shock bushes. I suppose at long ats its not "your own" car.. it wont be a problem.

Ever optimist!!

Fee x

·
Registered
56 Posts
all the uk models will be built at sunderland plant, they have been on sale in japan for sometime now so should have ironed out all the problems, however expect some minor niggles, as an employee at the plant i know this for sure, japan build them for the far east and aus, we build them for uk and europe and russia.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
xlabax said:
all the uk models will be built at sunderland plant, they have been on sale in japan for sometime now so should have ironed out all the problems, however expect some minor niggles, as an employee at the plant i know this for sure, japan build them for the far east and aus, we build them for uk and europe and russia.
Interesting I was under the impression that the 4x4 was manufactured in Japan, not the UK? Can you confirm xlabax?!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
iamdabe said:
xlabax said:
Interesting I was under the impression that the 4x4 was manufactured in Japan, not the UK? Can you confirm xlabax?!
like you thats the impression i got

·
Registered
2 Posts
My auto fold mirrorsintermittantly worked. Turns out it only happens when my phone is plugged into the Power Socket. I now remove it and I've had no problems since.

I usually remove it anyway to avoid flattening the car battery.

·
Registered
540 Posts
feefeeglasgow - you must have had some crap cars. Casr I have had from new with no problems are: Nissan Sunny 1.3, Volvo 310, Peugot 309, VW Golf TDi, Mistubishi Carisma 1.6, Seat Arosa TDi and at the moment till new car, a Honda Civic Hybrid.
I feel that overall the quality of Japanese built cars is good. Every bit as good if not better than the German ones. All the cars mentioned apart from the last two on the list were company cars driven hard and many miles without complaining.

Maybe you have just been unlucky.

·
Registered
265 Posts
<div ="" id="autotrans" style="display: block;"><h3 ="" id="ingtext">Japanese to English translation</h3><div id="gt-res-" ="almost_half_cell" style=""><div dir="ltr" style="">Recall Information

2010/07/30 juke Service Campaign

The contents of the engine control computer failure, improper
deceleration fuel cut control program, 40km / h when it may stall out
from around the deceleration. The restart is possible, may cause poor acceleration.
Improper
alignment of the coated amount of sealant in the panel right
Riyahoiruhausu ②, which may cause water intrusion into the luggage area.
① Fix the contents of the control computer for improvement.
The sealing agent is applied to the region ②.

Our - the employer as soon as the company is ready to sell part of the measures, we can guide you I will turn
Please acknowledge.
- Included within the scope of the chassis number of cars eligible services, we also include vehicles that do not qualify.
Also, the chassis number in the range of eligible services include car, ① ② above all - do not fall under the vehicle
I also included, for details, please contact your dealer of purchase.
- Production of cars eligible service period is the time of purchase and are not consistent.
- The chassis number, are printed on our inspection certificate.

Generic name service campaign through Model
Service campaign targets a range of vehicle chassis number
Remarks made during the target vehicle
Juke DBA-YF15 YF15-000001
~ YF15-11 007 589 May 31, 2010
① to about 13 July 76, 2010
About ② 4,200

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Dougal said:
feefeeglasgow - you must have had some crap cars. Casr I have had from new with no problems are: Nissan Sunny 1.3, Volvo 310, Peugot 309, VW Golf TDi, Mistubishi Carisma 1.6, Seat Arosa TDi and at the moment till new car, a Honda Civic Hybrid.
I feel that overall the quality of Japanese built cars is good. Every bit as good if not better than the German ones. All the cars mentioned apart from the last two on the list were company cars driven hard and many miles without complaining.

Maybe you have just been unlucky.
Yes - I have been - I think the issue of Renault joining forces with Nissan has been the biggest hurdle on the quality front - I only hope this JUKE is reliable.
I had my first Micra for 11 years - fab wee car - never gave me a problem. Aww bless -its away to the scrappy in the sky

·
Registered
1 Posts
driver side wing mirror (right hand drive car )

Has any one noticed when driving a 2016 Nissan Juke that your view is blocked by the driver side mirror when making a right hand turn or driving all the way around a roundabout .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts