Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the Juke to work this morning first good run ive had in it because of the snow & ice , a journey of about 22miles each way & acheived about 52 mpg !! not bad trying to sus out all the instruments , getting there I think !!!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
well dont be too re assured as not many have got to that i for one haven't got over 37 mpg in mine yet 700 miles down

·
Registered
575 Posts
Sure the fuel economy will get better when the engine loosens up. I've found on diesels I've had (and car's my mates have had) you need to do 10,000 in a diesel before the MPG is "right" and the engine is properly loose. DIG-T has been pretty disappointing from an MPG point of view as well. 1,000 miles in and getting 30ish. Used to get 5 more to the gallon in my Scirocco which was a 2 litre. Was expecting more to be honest

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
chris78 said:
Sure the fuel economy will get better when the engine loosens up. I've found on diesels I've had (and car's my mates have had) you need to do 10,000 in a diesel before the MPG is "right" and the engine is properly loose. DIG-T has been pretty disappointing from an MPG point of view as well. 1,000 miles in and getting 30ish. Used to get 5 more to the gallon in my Scirocco which was a 2 litre. Was expecting more to be honest
10,000 miles i doubt we'll do that in 3 years

·
Registered
575 Posts
Will take me about 6 months!
Why did you pay the premium for the diesel if you do so few miles?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
because the petrol only has a crap 5 speed box and the wife would not want the DIG-T or the insurance to go with it and I also considered that the Diesel will be a better prospect in value come sale time only time will tell on that front having had trouble selling last 4 cars of hers because they were petrol not diesel this time i decided to hopefully buy right we shall see with my luck the tide will turn and i will be stuck with a diesel no one wants

·
Registered
204 Posts
deks36 said:
well dont be too re assured as not many have got to that  i for one haven't got over 37 mpg in mine yet  700 miles down 
Is that in the diesel? I get 41mpg in my petrol one (6,000 miles done).

·
Registered
167 Posts
fuel economy can be effected by so many things, so its pointless trying to
compare them, but the biggest factor is how you drive it, I imagine when they
calc fuel economy its done with scientific calculations where each rev and gear
change is calculated to be at the max fuel efficiency setting or they employ a very good test
driver...

when I worked for the RAC they used to sell some sort of Driver
training course amongst some of the Fleet services they provided for company car
drivers and they guaranteed that after an afternoon sitting next to their
instructor you would reduce your MPG's, think is the course used to cost you
about £150 so god knows the additional miles it would take to pay that off, but
think that was one of the first things to go once Aviva got their fingers into
the company.</font>

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have done 320 miles in my diesel Juke and my average mpg is 44.6 so I don't think that is too bad. I too have found that the more miles that a car does the better the mpg. I have just traded in a Yaris 1.0 litre petrol which had done 60k miles and that was doing 56 cominded mpg which is what the book says it should.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts