Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Having done about 400 miles now in my new Juke Acenta 1.6 in Force red, I thought I'd share some thoughts.
Coming from a 2 litre Peugeot diesel, there were some adjustments to be made to driving style. Still getting used to less torque at the bottom end, but the smoothness and quiet running is fantastic. The ride is a little firmer than I remember from the test drive, but perfectly acceptable. perhaps some attention paid to the condition of the roads will help, as on new motorway it's very comfortable. Handling is great, only really driven in Normal mode so far for any length of time. Eco seemed very sluggish, and as I'm still moderating the right foot technique, Sport is quite aggressive. Interior all fine, Bluetooth, Ipod etc work well. Switchgear all feels nice and positive, intuitive and "just works". Cruise control does what it says on the tin. Consumption is initially encouraging. Started a new car at fuelly.com to track it (user is dq1967, car is Aurs juke) , and first fill to fill rating was 37.8mpg of mainly urban driving.
Haven't really got anything major negatives at all. Passengers in the front seat feel a wee bit close to the handbrake, compared to the old car, but that's about it!
Will post again over the next few weeks, hope this is interesting for existing and prospective Jukesters!
dq

·
Registered
243 Posts
Nice to read others driving experiences and thoughts.
I am some 660 miles into the running in phase and my DIG-T is a thirsty beast it has to be said; heaven knows what my economy figures will be when I can unleash a bit more power...

·
Registered
140 Posts
4500 miles now. No issues yet. I only drive in ECO even on motorway between 60 and 65 mph. Occassionally I will stick it in NORMAL for overtaking. My computer ave mpg is 42.0 and has been so for the last couple of months (70% motorway)I have done a fill to fill 110 mile journey and achieved 44 mpg. Yes boot is small but not a great issue. Still liking it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Having only had the Juke for a few days and getting used to the feel of the vehicle. NORMAL mode is what is used so far.

ECO has been tried tonight and feels sliuggish and slow.

SPORT was also tried and there is a total difference including a gruntier exhaust tone.

Have played with trip computer and all the other gizmo's fitted.

Consumption says average of 42 mpg - if this is the norm I will be well pleased.

The ride I have found to be firm but not to much of a strain, seats are comfortable but takes a while to get the position right (still minor adjustments being made).

The driving position and visibility of road is better than expected -still trying to get a feel for the bonnet length.

Would feel comfortable driving for a constant couple of hour (motorway or not).

I know boot space is small, but no spare tyre gives plenty of storage below board in rear, partner ands her mother say the rear is comfortable as a passenger with more than adequate leg room.

Still liking and still excited owning and driving the Juke even though mainly at night and weekends.

Hope this review is of interest, will keep posting as more driving and miles are put on the clock.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just a quick update since the beginning of the month.

Have had a reasonable day outing with the Juke.

Performed well and didnt feel cramped after 2 hours driving rounfd the worlds biggest roundabout (M25) Junction 4 to Junction 25.

On way to stevenage for business trip, on road back stopped in IIlford before returning home after 2nd meeting- total drive 130 miles approx at about 37 - 38 MPG.

Comfortable, relaxing and car felt good all the way. Still fidgetting with seat to get ultimater position right.

Couldnt fault performance and well pleased with purchase. Vehicle now has approx 350 miles on clock.

Still few niggles regarding space (lack of interior front storage, but more than happy with vehicle.

Will keep updating review - next trip planned is France via Eurotunnel via folkstone at end Oct.

Will keep posted

·
Registered
30 Posts
Update as now covered 650 miles.

Average fuel consumption is 37.6 on all types of roads.

Yesterday (29th Sept 12) approx 180 miles covered and as the burger chain says "Still loving it" car behaves very well under all circumstances.

Late last night thought there was a puncture (on worlds largest roundabout - M25) but was only the concrete surface that made a rumble sound - all is okay. So just letting you know about the concrete surface road surfaces.

The main niggle I have been told is the lack of rear courtesy lights - passengers not present many times - so can live with this.

No doubt you have read other reviews and its still a very big
from me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts