Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had this problem. Was driving this morning when suddenly seat belt alarm started sounding when I went round bends or corners. Won't go away now!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Probably a faulty sensor - haven't heard of this probem though

I didnt realise there was a seatbelt alarm - I dont seem to have one - Should I???

Visited dealership on Friday and they hadnt had any problems with JUKES although they did have recalls on some (documented on site already)

Take it back - cant be too much of a hassle to fix

fee

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes you'll have an alarm. If you drive off without fastening your belt it will alarm after a minute or two to remind you!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
just a point did you have anything on the passenger seat like a bag ? this will trip the occcupied sensor so telling car passenger not belted

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Get it back to the dealer, in the meantime disconnect the sensor under the seat.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I often put my shopping on the passenger's seat when i only have a bit which always trips the seatbelt warning. Very annoying, wish you could turn it off!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Yes, my dog sometimes triggers it. The answer is to keep the belt fastened.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Ohh - I drove off last week without the seatbelt and was halfway up the road before noticing... Will need to recheck today as no alarm sounded..

Fee x

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It definately should alarm Fee. Just drove mine again with nothing on passenger seat this time and everything was fine. Obviously occupied seat sensor is a bit too sensitive if it thinks a bag is a person.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Two or more bags on my passenger seat and mine always goes off. Found out today there's an alarm if hand brake not fully released. Btw I did take it off but obviously not 100%. Still good to know

·
Registered
1 Posts
After a very stressful drive home with the constant beeping again, I would like to thank you for these posts. Will avoid placing bags on passenger seat in future in the hope that my sanity will be restored. 3 times my Juke has been back to the dealer to replace "faulty sensors" and I have just learned from this forum that it was weight on the passenger seat!!!! Doesn't help to restore my faith in the main dealers for repair.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts