Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Here's my 3 day old Juke (Acenta Premium 1.6L)

First Impressions - GOOD POINTS

* The overall 'Feel Good Factor' driving it
* The Technology
* The 3 Drive Modes actually do give a different feel
* Most would-be passangers assume it's a 3 door!
* It copes well with the snow (compared to me RWD Merc)
* Headlights are good
* Sound quality just about ok from standard system
* Quiet Engine that seems quite torquey for a standard 1.6 petrol
* Refined enough ride
* Good brakes
* Nice seats and driving position
* Steering wheel has nice sporty feel
* Gearshift not as notchy as test car

LESS GOOD POINTS

* Some plastics (and general feel of build quality in a few areas) are more in keeping with a £7,000 Micra than a car than can cost £20K.
* Lack of interior lighting (as mentioned many times on the forum)
* Interior light switch look like it came from a pound shop
* Shame Nissan don't use TomTom for the Sat Nav like their French sister Renault
* My media system 'crashed' whilst it was palying a USB, and reset itself after freezing for a few minutes
* Obvious lack of sound proofing under plastic tray in boot - you can hear every grain of grit hit the body of the car - (but I am comparing this to a Merc)
* Standard (cheap) key, and difficulty finding ignition switch in the dark
* Auto drivers window is 'down' only
* Inability to customise much of the technology (displays)
* Knowing that the next MY version will address many of the issues listed above!

Overall though, absolutely no regrets. It's a car you buy with your heart not your head, but your head grows to love it very quickly too! It's the first time I've enjoyed staying sober over Christmas - so that I can provide a taxi service for the kids - and really enjoy each trip

·
Registered
61 Posts
I agree on all points (also 3 days in!), and that's my color too!!

However, I have the Tekna equivalent, so I can add the following: intelligent key is awesome! No need to "find" the ignition keyhole. I'm also loving the intelligent key ingress/egress. It's very, very weird not having to use my key at all, short of having it in my pocket.

My driver's switch is both auto up and auto down.

The dome light switches don't feel quite as bad as in the demo I tested. They're "ok".

The shifter is better than I'd hoped it'd be. It's light and precise and smooth. It's perfect. The clutch pedal also has a very nice feel -- just right.

One shocking item: In mine/ours (USA-version) anyhow, there's a foot rest, but NO RUBBER PAD! How long until that wears right through? How can you have a foot rest with no rubber pad? Crazy! I'll have to find something velcro-ey to stick there.

I am loving the back-up camera too. It is super-accurate. You line-up the edge with the curb's edge ("kerb" to you folks
) and it places you within an inch of the curb, and likewise, the distance to the car behind you is very accurate too. My only issue (due to inexperience) is learning to use the monitor, rather than my own eyes/skills/judgment exclusively. I'm also having a bit of a time getting acquainted with the external dimensions of the car (where the corners are, where the bumpers are, etc...). That will come with time. It feels "wide" compared to my previous car, and I get a bit nervous "feeling" its extremities, but it will come with time.

In short, everything is as good, if not better than I expected. I'm thrilled!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Your drivers window can be changed to be auto up too. Put the window down and then when you put it up, hold the switch up for about 10 seconds after the window has finished closing ;) The default setting from the factory is 1 touch down only.

·
Registered
754 Posts
My only issue (due to inexperience) is learning to use the monitor, rather than my own eyes/skills/judgment exclusively. I'm also having a bit of a time getting acquainted with the external dimensions of the car (where the corners are, where the bumpers are, etc...). That will come with time. It feels "wide" compared to my previous car, and I get a bit nervous "feeling" its extremities, but it will come with time.
I love the monitor. Once you realise that you can actually see in the monitor the edge of the car bumper it becomes more intuitive.
It took me about a week to get used to the size when parking, particularly to "know" how much space beyond the lights you need.
The large wing mirrors made me feel the car was wide, until you realise that the curvature of the car means the wing mirrors don't stick out that much beyond the car body.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CrosbyParkNissan said:
Your drivers window can be changed to be auto up too. Put the window down and then when you put it up, hold the switch up for about 10 seconds after the window has finished closing ;) The default setting from the factory is 1 touch down only.
Thanks for this, that solves one issue very quickly!

·
Registered
129 Posts
A quick question on Intelligent Key.
I've got it set to Selective Door Opening. If I want to stop and pick up a passenger with the engine running, I press the 'Unlock' button on the driver's door trim — but it seems to have no effect.
It looks like I have to turn the engine off and actually open the driver's door just to get the others to unlock?

·
Registered
873 Posts
I have it set to selective door opening and also have it set to lock the doors when I pull away, but not had any problems with the unlock button in the drivers door - seems to work fine for me!

·
Registered
329 Posts
CrosbyParkNissan said:

Sorted mine aswell - nice one cheers!!!

Any other tips for user configureable items??

Andy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts