Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep its 0230.
Fire brigade have just left.
My 1 week old Juke caught fire on the drive and is completely destroyed.
Thankfully no injuries.
Fire brigade have ruled out arson and feel it was a catastrophic electrical fault!

·
Registered
316 Posts
HOLY SH*T!</font>

You've got everyone's attention (or will have when they all wake up)
Thank God you weren't driving it.
Please keep us informed.
Our thoughts go out to you.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
OMG WHAT A SHOCKER- I am so glad you and yours are OK and you werent in the car at the time.......

I am sure the investigators will have a look at this - This clearly is not good...

I am so sorry this happened but majorly relieved that there wereno casualties....

Keep us posted as to what happens next......

Fee xx

·
Registered
144 Posts
wow, wasn't expecting that, sorry to hear it. On the plus side at least the Juke now has something in common with Ferrari...

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Sorry to hear this. Was it controlled to the Juke or did the fire spread?Such a shame.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Such an awful thing to happen, glad no-one was injured.
So who pays?
1. Nissan for supplying faulty vehicle2. The dealer who your contract is with3. Your insurance
??

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1.5 Diesel.
Driving fantastically.
The bottom line is that new cars can occasionally do this. Yes i am angry, gutted etc that it was me, but i am being really well looked after so far by my excellent dealer.
I am so pleased that
a) I have fantatsic neighbours who woke my wife and kids up to get to safety etc.
b) The car had not yet been put to bed in the garage.
Cars can be replaced, the soft squidgy bits inside them are what counts!

I love the diesel Juke and if my wife agrees i will get straight back in one!
Here's hoping!

PS..............The other good thing about diesel is it does not burn that well!!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Doc...so sorry you've had this experience...as you say the soft squidgy bits inside are the most important thing...glad everyone was ok...

Hope Nissan sort you out with a replacement vehicle soon...

All the best

Deejay

·
Registered
104 Posts
Glad your all ok. Like you say cars can be replaced, we were gutted at the weekend when hubby washed the car and scratched the bonnet nothing compared to you though! Hope you don't have to wait to long for some news about what's going to happen next.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear this news but glad to hear that nobody was hurt. Hope you get sorted with a replacement very quickly.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Good grief. What a shocker. Very glad it was only the car though, so many "what if's"....
Hoping you are back on the road swiftamunto.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts