Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up our Juke on 16th July 2011.

The sales guy told us to close the mirrors we had to put the switch in the close position and switch off the ignition and the mirrors will close and then to put the mirrors switch into the auto position and they will open again.
I didn't think much of it at the time but, after discussing it with another Juke owner it seems the auto position should do the closing and opening automatically when the ignition switches off and on (logical).

Also, the intermittent/auto sensing wiper functions don't work. They stay on normal mode. In fact I think the fast speed doesn't work either - must have a look at that again.

Oh well, a quick PM to NCS should confirm - I hope.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
With the auto mirrors.
When in the switch is in the auto position,
the mirrors will automatically open when u turn the ignition on.
However they will only auto close when u lock the car.
With the auto wipers can you give us more information please.
U need to stick the lever one notch down and the speed is adjusted by the turning knob on the right (possibly same lever as i cant remember now).
The speed functionality is a little tricky tho lol.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mega-byte. The mirrors defo don't fold in when the car is locked, switch in the auto position too.
The wipers have been tried in all combinations of settings and defo don't work Intermittently nor do they rain sense.
One position down on the stick is correct. One thing that my wife picked up on today was the fact that the manual describes the Intermittent wiper position on the stick with a dashed line, we don't have a dashed line, only Auto marked on the stick. So maybe they are like the Note and Auto means Auto sensing and intermittent according to speed but, they still don't work at anything other than one speed which is the same as the normal speed full wipe

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
as above sallyspud had a similar issue with her we gave loads of advice and in the end after many hours of dealer technician scratching his head they callecd tec support who told them a transit fuse was in place and nedded removing or something along those lines

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks deks, I'll let the service guys know. Maybe it affects the autofolding of the mirrors too so that there are no accidents, etc.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi, we had the same issue, as well as this the drive and climate mode reset everytime we started the car and the head lights werent on auto either. Took it back to the dealer who fixed it. Possibly the transit fuse

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I called the dealer today and they want it in - of course. I tried to get them to sort out any spare part they might need before I go coz it will be a 120 miles round trip and to go there just to be told an hour later that I will have to come back to have a part fitted, well who will pay for the petrol?
I had a look at the transit fuse as described in the owner manual but, it looks to be in the out position so all should be well there unless the tips of the fuse are still touching the terminals but, I couldn't see properly.
Such is life. It will be a day out if nothing else.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi dougal,I had the transit fuse problem, the mirrors definately didnt fold in when you locked it. It effected the auto lights & auto wipers. We noticed other things later, such as the the drive info resetting on start up. Whatever drive mode you had it in it went back to ECO (I think) when you started the car. There were a few other things too, I cant remember all of them now, ive been to bed since then
It was mainly the lights & wiper issue that concerned us.They had it in the garage for a day & asdeks said, after lots of head scratching & phoning NCS I managed to get my Daisy backfor tea time!The mechanic said they werent told about it as part of their check info.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sallyspud - did they tell you it was the transit fuse? We also have problems with settings in 'Drive Mode' going back to default after switching off too.

I had a look and the transit fuse is definitely in the 'out' position on its cradle. I followed the manual instructions but, although I can't see properly into the fuse box area (why do they have to put them into a dark area nowadays) I think the transit fuse is definitely in the out position. the only thing I can think is that perhaps the tips of the fuse are still making contact with the terminals. I pulled the cradle it sits on as far as it will come without being too heavy handed.
I'll just have to see what happens when we get to the garage.

I think I'll email the dealer to let them know our concerns after confirmation from you guys and gals that it certainly sounds like the transit fuse or whatever is associated with it.

Thanks for support and input folks.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi Dougal, Yep they told me it was the transit fuse &it hadnt been removed.They didnt realise it had one & it hadnt been mentioned as part of their check list.So I presumed it had to be taken completely out, but please dont quote me on it, im not a mechanic!
The drive mode reset after the ignition had been switched off too.I hope you get it sorted out soon. We noticed other slight differences after ours had been done too. As in things we could adjust after on the dash, but couldnt before.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I am pretty sure you don't remove the transit fuse, you insert it. Therefore allowing operation of the various functions mentioned. It might just need a push.

·
Registered
377 Posts
If I knew where & which oneit was i'd get hubby to go & look see if mine was in or missing. Maybe John at Holdcrofts could advise you if you send him a pm. Other than that I can give you the number for mine, maybe they can advise you, seeing as they now know what it is!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Same thing happened to me, it went back to the dealers and they said the needed to reset the software

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
There seems to be major confusion here. Datsundealer says the fuse should be in yet, everyone else is saying it should be out.
I re-read the instructions concerning what the book calls the 'Extended storage switch' and associated fuse.
the instructions say to remove the switch but, if the fuse is broken to only replace the fuse - huh???

Double, huh???

What do they mean, "if the switch is broken" all I can see when I look into the fuse compartment is a fuse sitting on a black cradle and it is sitting away from the fuse holder as far as my old eyes can tell.

If there are any dealers here that know for sure what, where and how this fuse should be sitting please share along with appropriate photos if possible.

I would have another go with things with the fuse in position but, it is dining it down here at the mo and everything would get soaked.

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts