Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, does anyone have any ideas on how to fix an intermittent fault with my centre screen? It started with me thinking that i had rubbish aerial signal, with radio dropping out regularly. Then i noticed my hands free connections would drop out, and then the whole screen would go dead then reboot itself on.
The regularity of these faults is getting worse.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, does anyone have any ideas on how to fix an intermittent fault with my centre screen? It started with me thinking that i had rubbish aerial signal, with radio dropping out regularly. Then i noticed my hands free connections would drop out, and then the whole screen would go dead then reboot itself on.
The regularity of these faults is getting worse.
Any ideas?
Hi, this is a common problem, I had this a couple of months ago and actually found out via a lady posting on fb that Nissan are doing a free software update . I rang my local Nissan dealer and they were aware of the issue and booked me in straight away no questions asked. The service manager told me it is a free update as is it something Nissan have changed to do with the satellites? I have had no issues since the update, get booked in !

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had this happen this morning. I called Nissan GB and they said it is a known fault and I'm eligible for a free update. Told me to call my local dealer and they'll fix. If the update doesn't work I'd have to pay for diagnostics but they reckoned the update will fix it. Something to do with the car thinking its in Russia?!
Called my Nissan Dealer and it's booked in for Tuesday.
In the meantime, it's constantly rebooting, even with ignition off....will this affect my battery? How do I disconnect it so it stops rebooting please?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've had this happen this morning. I called Nissan GB and they said it is a known fault and I'm eligible for a free update. Told me to call my local dealer and they'll fix. If the update doesn't work I'd have to pay for diagnostics but they reckoned the update will fix it. Something to do with the car thinking its in Russia?!
Called my Nissan Dealer and it's booked in for Tuesday.
In the meantime, it's constantly rebooting, even with ignition off....will this affect my battery? How do I disconnect it so it stops rebooting please?
That's exactly the issue. The car thinks it is in Russia and effects not only the DAB, but bluetooth, FM Radio and CD playback. My recently purchased Juke did this constantly. I was going to take it in to my local dealer in Leamington but they insisted it would cost £132 despite Nissan saying it would be free. In the end, I downloaded the software myself and updated it. Took 55 minutes, not had an issue since.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's exactly the issue. The car thinks it is in Russia and effects not only the DAB, but bluetooth, FM Radio and CD playback. My recently purchased Juke did this constantly. I was going to take it in to my local dealer in Leamington but they insisted it would cost £132 despite Nissan saying it would be free. In the end, I downloaded the software myself and updated it. Took 55 minutes, not had an issue since.
Can you advise me how to do this please?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Press system, information, updates, in in there. Connect your fone to the car and use your fone data to get software
Unfortunately my SETUP System has a slightly different sub menu, no ‘information’ in System. It has Display, Clock, Language, Driving Aids, Temp Units,Touch click, Beep Tones, Factory Settings and finally Software Licences.
The Software Licences is just lots of script, I’ve done a Factory Reset in Factory Setting (the only option) but it’s still cutting out…
Any other route in please?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts