Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After posting up a topic inquiring how to do this and searching through previous posts/topics, I was left feeling exasperated at the lack of accurate advice. Basically, I was given the run around by people who clearly didn't know what they were talking about, and ultimately ended up damaging the plastic below the caps!
Therefore, I'm posting this topic to help those in the future that intend carrying out this job.
This is the definitive guide to removing the wing mirrorcaps.

Firstly, using the electric mirror pad, angle the mirror as far down and as far into the car as possible. Thus leaving a wide gap the the top of the wing mirror, where you will be able to see two clips behind the actual mirror. You need to use something like a pair of scissors to pinch the top and bottom sides of the clips and push them away through the internal housing of the wing mirror. Then, again with the electric mirror pad, angle the mirror as far up and as far into the car as possible. You should now be able to see the bottomoutside edge clip. Again, pinch the clip to release. Hopefully, you should now be able to free the cover from the wing mirror.

I'm not going to lie to you, it's one **** of a fiddle. One of my caps popped right out and the other had to be sweet-talked. Under no circumstances try to prise the mirror off with your nails as I was poorly advised on this forum!! I was even told to be "more forceful" and "squirt surgical spirit into the gaps to destroy the sticky tape". There was no sticky tape.
Edited by: Juke of Hamilton

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Juke of Hamilton said:
. You need to use something like a pair of</font> scissors </font>to pinch the top and bottom sides of the clips and push them away through the internal housing of the wing mirror.</font></font></font>
Nothing like using the right tool for the job. haha
I think might be why you found it difficult to do.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just to bring everyone up to speed. Rocks703 is being touchy here because he is one of the geniuses that provided a link to a website with sticky back mirror caps.

AllI was using the scissors for was to close the clip to push it through. I wasn't trying to cut anything with them... although they might have came inmore handy to cut your sticky tape!

At the end of the day, I've done this and it works perfect. People can rely on this info. Can you say the same?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Apologies if I offended you. Was just having a laugh with the kitchen engineering tools. A rolling pin does make an excellent hammer and a knife a make do screwdriver
Well done for giving it go and posting on here with what went wrong. This information is just as handy as what goes right. After all its how we learn. The person who never made a mistake, never made anything.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What "went wrong" was people bumping their gums when they didn't have a clue what they were talking about!

When is it you get yours now?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Still saying mid April .........can't wait to fit the BV and Stillen exhaust, I have my rolling pin at the ready

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Its one of those grey areasIt's just the Back box I'll be fitting, so if something did go bang in the engine I'd get it off and fit the OEM one

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Think I'm just going to play safe -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Exhaust-Tail-Pipe-Stainless-Steel-Oval-Tailpipe-Trim-/220654174835?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3360038273
Don't know how I'm going to get it to sit more snugly in the cut outarch in the bumper. I was thinking about this today. The current tailpipe hangs so low that itwouldbe better if there was no cut away arch in the bumper. It's looks nasty at the mo. It's the only thing I'd change about the Juke... and maybe a darker headlining.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
You could pop to your local exhaust place and they should be able to supply you with to shorter exhaust hangers, might give you a more snug fit.There are a few good posts on this on the US forums.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Plus they should have the universal parts on the shelf

·
Registered
76 Posts
Have just used this post how easy was it the way you have described took me about 8 mins each one to change as I just put chrome mirror caps on

Many thanks saved me loads of time

·
Registered
345 Posts
Funny that I found it alllot easier to remove the mirrorglass first.
This by putting the glass all the way up. Use a flat screwdriver putting it under the glass with a cloth (so you wont damage anything) make an movement up.and off does the glass go.

Now the clips of the caps are easy to acces.

Putting back the mirror glass is just easy. Start clicking from up to down and thats is.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Ahhhhh, removing the glass makes the clips accessible?
Not bad!

Has the workshop manual on CD-Rom been leaked yet?
You can normally buy a copy on a certain auction website for most cars.
Little jobs like this are made much easier with the manual to check first.

Oh I just checked and the only ones that have 'leaked' are the USA &
Canada models and still about £12. I bought one for my micra for less
than £3 and it has been really useful.
Ouch!

Edited by: deks36

·
Registered
345 Posts
Not yet availeble for so far I know. But being friends with some nissan guys you can get allot done ;)

But also looking for a copy.

Btw acces by removing the glass is working for me for allready 6 nissan models I used to have.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts