Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just recently started getting intermittent various alarm showing on my panel. It started with the traction control light, followed by a red MIL light, which after a while both would go off. This morning both lights have again come on and also an amber MIL. As it happens, I have acquired a diagnostic tester. On checking the results, the tester indicated exhaust pressure alarm. Before I let the garage mess with it, has anyone in the forum come across this problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
We had this fault with my wifes Juke 1.5 diesel and it was the pipe at the back of the engine that comes from the exhaust dpf, it was blocked and it goes to the exhaust pressure sensor so both were replaced to be on the safe side at a cost of around £200.
Strangely on this model any engine fault code migrates into the traction control module and puts the t/c light on.
Regards
John

·
Registered
2 Posts
Exhaust pressure sensor juke 1.5 dci 2013

Ive had the same problem with my juke 1.5dci 2013 but its sorted now ,the problems i had was traction control light and the red and amber management lights coming on intermittently, i read on earlier posts they used a bicycle brake cable and battery drill to sort it out so i tried and it worked ,but before that i couldnt find where it was located so after a bit of googling i found it ,i was looking for a flat black plastic switch with a rubber hose attachment on it but on my juke it looks more like the type of switch you see on the quashqui 1.5 dci more of a round metal switch with hexagonal nut and the hose connector on the botton and cables on the top, im going to post a photo of the actual part and location ,its quite accessible to clean out but wouldnt want to try and change it due to the manifold side of the pipe being almost impossible to get at without stripping turbo pipes .what i did was take the switch out thus leaving a rubber hose open i squirted some wd40 down the hose and it filled up so i knew it was blocked next i cut a lenght of brake cable about 12 inches ,its a bit tight to push through the hose due to the bends in the pipe but it will go ,my pipe was blocked about 2 inches from the manifold so it took about 20 minutes of in and out with the cable and drill on very slow speed but it eventually went through ok then i poked a longer bit of cable and it went in as far as i wanted it to basically ,then another spray with wd40 to flushed it out that went straight through so i knew it was clear,next i put the switch back started it up all 3 lights stayed on for a minute then the traction control light went out so i turned the car off when i restarted it the red light also went out but i had to erase the code on the engine management to turn off the amber light ,hope this helps someone regards. lee

·
Registered
1 Posts
Apart from removing the switch is this relatively easy to find and get to without removing anything else? Where about is it located in regards to the engine block?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts