Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the ESP light come on today. Not the warning light that tells you it has been switched of but the light beneath that.
Got home restarted the car and the light came on then went off as it should.
Anybody else had this.
Car seem to be driving ok but i did slow down abit just in case
Might just be "one of these things"

Garry

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
If I recall there was an issue with a sensor on the Qashqai ESP - perhaps ask dealership to check it out - just to be on the safe side - especially if it appears to be intermittent - you dont want to have a fault Let us know if you do take it in - what dealers sayFee

·
Registered
62 Posts
Is it not possible that it came on as it was in use?
Most ESP systems will flash up on the dashboard when there being used i.e. wheel spin, auto braking in a corner etc.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No.It was a steady light not a flashing one.

Didnt have any problems with it last night or this morning.
Garry

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
doing 60 round a tight bend will do that.
I made mine come on by accelerating to hard around a corner and wheel spining in both first and second :D

·
Registered
952 Posts
Potentially saves your life if you get it wrong though, so on balance probably worth having IMO

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've had my Juke about a month and the light comes on on sharp cornering or braking, it then stays on until the engine is switched off and on again. I've reported this to the dealer who was going to ask Nissan if this was right. No reply</font></font> so far. Has anyone else had an answer to this?
</font>

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
any loss of traction (evena loss you may not have noticed happen)will result in the light coming on , its a good thing , if your light has not come on yet your not driving it to its full potential

·
Registered
41 Posts
My ESP light comes on every bloody timewhen istop now. As soon as i slow down to stop at lights, i hear and feel a knock on my brake pedal soon as the car stopsand the light stays on all the time until i turn the ignition off. Even the hand brake light comes on when i slow down now. Is there a recall for this? I'm guessing its common.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
thats not right chris , ive not heard of a recall for esp but get nissan to check it out

·
Registered
952 Posts
Your car is broken, get it to a dealer........ Hopefully something simple like a sensor gone bad.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not had a reply as to whether the ESP light should go out after activation and it was coming on more often. So I booked it in at Crystal, I collected it an hour later, they said they had checked and reset the computer and adjusted the "clutch switch", they said the brake fluid was OK.
It is now perfect, light hadn't come on at all, untill I took it out in the snow and tried a few revs and skids!
The light now comes on when the ESP activates and then goes out.
If your's is staying on take it in for checking.
Also I've noticed that the cold weather has quite an effect on the MPG.

Barry White Tekna

·
Registered
11 Posts
This has been happening to me since before the last service, told to ignore it, "it's normal"!
Having read the comments, I topped up the brake fluid. Now, whatever I do (wheel spin, brake on corners and skid) it won't come on at all.

Problem solved :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts