Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 1.5DCi. The ESP light was coming on at random so I took it to our nearest dealer. They said there was a problem with the exhaust back pressure and the exhaust manifold need to come of to clean it. Two hours later I got the car back and all seems fine. Still under warranty just!

I was under the impression the Juke had a DPF regeneration cycle which would burn off the excess soot ? A couple of times at 1750rpm 55mph the car has shudder quite seriously, I was told by Nissan this was the regeneration kicking in so it makes me wonder why the back pressure pipe became blocked ?

Hope this makes sense. :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
This is nothing to do with dpf.on some dci engines a small bore pipe that links to a sensor can get blocked.This is quite rare.but can happen.does not affect all dci engines though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2014 1.5dci Juke 18000 miles with the same problem. The pipe to the exhaust pressure sensor became blocked. The sensor end of the pipe is accessible but the exhaust end is very inaccessible. I removed the sensor and used a length of wire from a bicycle gear change cable to clean out the pipe. You will need a lot of patience. Progress is slow. Keep on twisting the wire, withdrawing it frequently to clean it and lubricate it with WD40. I rotated the wire with a battery drill (make sure to turn it the right way to avoid it unwinding) After about an hour and a half the pipe was cleared and everything was fine, no doubt saving me a lot of cash.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts