Nissan Juke Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So,

AFAIK, 1.5 dci in Juke is produced by Renault...
Do you know who actually produces the other 2 engines, 1.6 and 1.6 DIG-T?
ThanxEdited by: SuzaFan

·
Registered
175 Posts
You are corrent that the 1.5 dCi is made by Renault, the 1.6and 1.6 turbo petrols are both made by Nissan in Japan....

·
Registered
2 Posts
bought my 1.5dci juke in oct 2010 and if i hada known its engin was made by renault i would not have bought it. i totaly hate renault.

is ther any other renault parts in juke

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
incase you are unaware Nissan and Renault are an alliance and they share a lot of parts and structure
so its highly likely that many parts come from the Renault Box

·
Registered
127 Posts
Renault are at the top of their game with safety. I think all their cars have 5 star rating.
People hate on them because of their dodgy history, a bit like Skoda, when there's really no need.

Once bitten...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yes, I have been a Nissan customer for ages now and the last three cars I have owned have been Micra's.

My K11 micra was the most reliable car I've ever owned, I serviced it once a year and put tyres on it when they wore out; but had 100k miles of trouble free motoring.

Then Nissan made their alliance with Renault and the story changed.
My K12 micra which shares all the underpinnings and the engine & gearbox with the clio was less reliable. The cheap renault electrics fitted to the car have steadily deteriorated over time and caused a few problems. The Aircon no longer works, the electric windows are really slow and unreliable, the oxygen sensor is worn out and brings up a light on the dash all the time and I had a rear tailgate switch which used to drain the battery all the time and was a bugger of a fault to isolate. These are all common faults due to shoddy Renault electrics.

However, I will say that the renault 1.5dci engine is widely admired as one of the best and most economical small deisel engines. The european small deisels are better by far, than anything produced in Japan at the moment.

The clio chassis, running gear and suspension. Are also used in the following cars AFAIK.
The renault modus - Nissan Note
The renault C3 - & C3 Picasso.
Nissan Micra and possibly the Renault C2. But of course the JUKE!

My Nissan dealer swore to me, that they used only Nissan electrics on the Juke, but time will tell!

My Juke arrives soon and I'm really excited!

Ouch!

·
Registered
998 Posts
Hi Ouch !, Don't doubt your facts except one, Aren't the C3 and C3 picasso (the latter was an alternative when I purchased the Juke ) made by Citroen. Tc PS, And enjoy your Juke when you get it.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Oh yeah! You must be right. But, I'm sure there's loads more vehicles use that chassis & stuff.

Ouch!

P.S. Roll on 20th July!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Renault and Nissan share parts, but not with Citroen. Think Citroen and Peugeot share a lot of parts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts