Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Poor engine performance
Hi recently changed from diesel to petrol Juke 1.6 Bose special edition. The gear change indicator ask to change into 3rd at 20mph then into 4th at 25 mph. Not even getting 1 mph over 30 and asking to change up to 5th. This does just not seem right as engine sounds like it’s struggling when getting to 60 mph. Does any petrol owners have the same issue as I feel I need to take this back to dealer. Any advice appreciated

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes I have the same issue with my 1.2 petrol tekna dig-t. I was starting to get worried. Did you take the car back?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi guys, i would say on a day to day basis, ignor the change indicator. It is exactly that, an indication when to change gear. Would use it on a long journey but, once engine is warm, as a rule i would say change at 2500revs. My wife has a 1.6 petrol, 190bhp, 2yrs old. Has been following those indicators religiously, i recently found out, and has had to have an exhaust valve replaced due to fouling up with deposits!!! So listen to your ngine, if its jerking or sounding like its struggling, change down and rev those engines! Seriously though, its 16valve and renault engines like to be revved! Hope this helps.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Diesel engines are known for the exhaust valve clogging, petrol virtually never! Petrol engines rev higher and easier and there torque banding is also higher so going from a torque diesel you will have to rev 1000-1500 higher to get the same effect! Essentially☺

1 - 4 of 4 Posts