Nissan Juke Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, just out off the blue the engine check light appeared on the dash.
Switch off the car, but still it's there.

Nothing wrong with the car it self and still drive as it has to

Brought the car to the dealer to have it check and erase it.

No idea what it is, but I check on the us forum and there are several case where the got the same.

Till now drove 6500km's
model: DIG-T tekna

hope nothing big, and hope it stay away, prob something with the emmision or some kind of sensor
I hate the look of that orange check engine light on the dash

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi Jukebox,

Do you know what the code was ? (the dealer should know..)

·
Registered
38 Posts
If it a serious fault they usually go into limp home mode with limited power, sound like a sensor glitch!<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<DIV id=post_message_1635880>Visited the dealer today

it's also the code P0133, like dicribed in this topic.

Dealer did not want to erase the code but wait till Nissan comes with a sollution
funny thing is, driven today again and fueled it up.

after 45 minutesit wasgone, no idea how come
very strange

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
A code P0133 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:
<ul>[*]The oxygen sensor is faulty[*]The wiring to the sensor is broken / frayed[*]There is an exhaust leak[/list]

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Made in the uk, but bought in The Netherlands. The mechanic say it is a engine from japan, showing the codes and the japanse battery, oil filter etc etc

Other cars shown with this problems were the US one, mad in Japan

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hmm,

Im glad I went for the boring old 1.6 petrol standard engine!!!

Andy

·
Registered
199 Posts
I went to my garage this afternoon to check the engine

<DIV ="attachtitle">
<DIV ="attach">

<DIV ="attachtitle">
<DIV ="attach">It was only a bad electrical connection.
<DIV ="attach">Edited by: valy63

·
Registered
41 Posts
My Juke arrives on Dec. 31st and I must admit that I am a little nervous about buying a brand new model. I hope there are no major glitches or problems in the design and engineering of the vehicle. I'm sure Nissan will fix them if there are any problems but it's still a hassle.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
colormeblue said:
My Juke arrives on Dec. 31st and I must admit that I am a little nervous about buying a brand new model. I hope there are no major glitches or problems in the design and engineering of the vehicle. I'm sure Nissan will fix them if there are any problems but it's still a hassle.

Theres always a risk with a new model but as long as glitches are minor - seems ok

Its when the glitches mount up - that its no so funny

Fee x

·
Registered
78 Posts
Same problem just occured on mine on the way home tonight. 17 days old and 800 miles on the clock.
I shall be calling the dealer in the morning.

·
Registered
484 Posts
There is quite a lengthy thread about this on another forum. The finger points towards the O2 sensor.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
Registered
78 Posts
Got the car back tonight. There is no problem with the engine, there's a bug in the engine management software that is causing this alarm. The dealer didn't initially know about it but they were put in the picture when they contacted Nissan. They have been told that there will be a bug fix sometime in the new year which presumably will mean a recall. In the mean time the alarm might come on again and it will have to be reset by the dealer again. Nissan told the dealer to expect lots of these problems.
I don't know if this is a general problem with the petrol engine or it's limited to the DIG-T.
Rgds
Colin

·
Registered
199 Posts
Nissan's information today. There will be a patch available at the begining of 2011 to correct this engine light and changeengine "cartography". Non damage for the engine, you can have lower power for a short time. Your garage will call you to correct this problem.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Car's going into the garage tomorrow for the update to the engine management software. Hopefully this will be an end to the problem. I'll try to find out exactly what they are doing and let everyone know.
Rgds.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts